Gibson Brands Forums

50th Ann 62 Crestwood Custom Reissue

PoorOtis

Went to the 37th Dallas International Guitar Festival this past weekend(may 2-3-4)..way too many goodies that I can't afford...

picked up a new 50th.Ann.Crestwood Custom Reissue, all the case candy/case/certificate from a vender from Florida. Got a good

deal on the outfit..he said he would rather sell it for less,then ship it back to Florida..so I made him a offer and he took it!

The guitar looks/plays very well, and its the lightest guitar that I own..for a solid body. Its a keeper.

After playing the guitar for times,after several days,and using the vibrato..it seems to get a little out of tune..was wondering

if its the factory strings or am I doing something wrong? Its a new guitar,trying to get used to it! Any Ideas on the in-tune-issue?

Thanks.

Hi PoorOtis & welcome to the forum. I'd always change strings on a new guitar with a tuning issue, just to rule that out. The old pencil lead scraped into the nut slots trick would be next.

They (Epiphone guitars) do come out of tune somewhat, with stock parts and aggressive vibrato technique. I have put a roller bridge or graph-tech saddles, roller nuts and lubricating elements with powdered graphite or molybdenum on a few of mine with vibrato's, also changed to better strings. Much better now with a good lube job, new strings...lol. Sounds like a very nice guitar. You could also install better tuning keys. Post some pic's if you can. msp_thumbup.gif

picked up a new 50th.Ann.Crestwood Custom Reissue, all the case candy/case/certificate from a vender from Florida.

The guitar looks/plays very well, and its the lightest guitar that I own..for a solid body. Its a keeper.

I checked it out on eBay - very nice looking guitar with easy access to the upper frets. How do the mini humbuckers sound?

In my experience it's hard to keep guitars in tune when you use the tremolo. If/when you change the strings make sure they're a light enough gauge to fit and slide smoothly in the nut slots. I like Ernie Ball Super Slinkys (9s) myself.

HNGD! [thumbup]

Archived