Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard 61 OHSC

Rayvyn

Anyone know what case came from the factory with the Gibson USA SG Standard 61? The model number is SG14DBCH1 ( which I believe is a 2014 model) but I only found 2 places even selling it. I'm not sure which model Gibson considers it because I find no direct reference to it on their site. The closet I can find says it come with the black case with the white interior. I just want to be sure I get the proper one...

Don't the new 2014 models come with the brown case, and pink interior, now?

Seems like that's right, but it may depend on dealer, and/or what's "in stock,"

or left over? But, I think Gibson is shipping with the Brown case, now.

Mine (1)2012, and (3) 2013 SG's all had the black "alligator" exterior,

white plush interior cases. Some CS models, have "Lifton" like brown cases,

as well. But, they're not the same brown case, the USA models come in.

Cheers,

CB

Anyone know what case came from the factory with the Gibson USA SG Standard 61? The model number is SG14DBCH1 ( which I believe is a 2014 model) but I only found 2 places even selling it. I'm not sure which model Gibson considers it because I find no direct reference to it on their site. The closet I can find says it come with the black case with the white interior. I just want to be sure I get the proper one...

According to one of the sites that sells this guitar and posted it in a picture, it is the black case with the white interior.

SG standard 61

I wouldn't get your dander up over the color of the cat fur.

Here's the current SG case sold on the "Gibson Gear" page:

http://store.gibson.com/sg-hardshell-case/

Here's the same case without the Gibson logo for about 1/2 the price:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/tkl-premier-double-cutaway-electric-guitar-case?source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CNrdz_eBn74CFdSMMgodnz8Axg&kwid=productads-plaid^43618860044-sku^541299000001000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^30432884427

Unless the guitar is from the Historic Series, or something special from the Custom Shop, the color of the case, and/or logo, are not going to add or detract from the value, or originality, of the instrument.

• 1 year later...

I just bought one and it comes in Black and white interior.

Archived