Gibson Brands Forums

Dirty Finger

EvoRider

I am gonna install a Dirty Finger in the bridge position on my SG Standard. What would be a good match for it in the neck ? I would want to use a Gibson pickups and if possible a open coil.

I am gonna install a Dirty Finger in the bridge position on my SG Standard. What would be a good match for it in the neck ? I would want to use a Gibson pickups and if possible a open coil.

I have a p-90 in the neck of my 225 that sounds really cool with the dirty finger.

Another Dirty Fingers in the neck position would be best in my opinion. I love this combination.

CAP:

Is it true there are 'neck' versions of DFs, or are they all the same? I wonder, cause I have a pair of some vintage ones, of the 80's if

I can recall, with 12 movable poles, but already with wax...

OP:

I am with Capmaster, if you're down for DFs, you either won't need/use a neck pickup, or it better be an empty slot or another DF, otherwise your

guitar will become quite strange.

That is not to be a 'most articulate' instrument, and even so, I don't agree with the theory of so many blues rooted guitarrists, who like a

high gain 'bucker at the bridge and a lower one at the neck, as for 'more contrast'.

Archived