Gibson Brands Forums

Identifying an SG

floriandemont

Dear all

In 2007 I bought an SG with the follwing serial and model no.s:

- serial no.: 004370571

- model no. SGSCWBCHI

I paid about 2000$ for it and I was wondering whether that was a fair price (given current prices of good SGs). As I am planning on selling the guitar, I was also wondering about what a fair price would be. As I have no real clue what sort of model I have, I wanted to ask whether you have an idea of what model she is.

I've also attached some pics which might help with identifying the guitar.

Best wishes,

Florian

post-65185-092699800 1399632587_thumb.jpg

post-65185-055632700 1399632596_thumb.jpg

post-65185-089000500 1399632618_thumb.jpg

post-65185-014110300 1399632762_thumb.jpg

Dear all

In 2007 I bought an SG with the follwing serial and model no.s:

- serial no.: 004370571

- model no. SGSCWBCHI

I paid about 2000$ for it and I was wondering whether that was a fair price (given current prices of good SGs). As I am planning on selling the guitar, I was also wondering about what a fair price would be. As I have no real clue what sort of model I have, I wanted to ask whether you have an idea of what model she is.

I've also attached some pics which might help with identifying the guitar.

Best wishes,

Florian

Looks like a SG SpeCial in Worn Brown with CHrome hareware = SGSCWBCH1 value around 450

Well, yes, so it was a rip-off.

But thanks for helping with this!

Sorry, that you paid so much (a little research, before your purchase, would have helped)

but, what's done is done, and you still have a very good guitar! Just play the Hell out of it,

and enjoy it! Unless, of course, you can find the guy, and get your "overpayment" refunded?

Either in money, or his "hide!" [cursing][biggrin]

If not, just make the best of it, and count it as a leaning experience. [crying][tongue]

CB

This is a great guitar, just rip off those 490 pickups and put something decent in there,

by THEN you will have a guitar that no money can buy.

Whatever other interesting modifications, you might come up with in the electrics can help you

have more pleasure and a better sound as well as a more reliable instrument.

It WAS a rip off. But at the same time it doesn't measures out only by the money.

That refund is something I would go for if possible. You have your rights. Or did you think it was a smart move to

buy such a (brand new? faded finish) 'relic' for only 2k without checking its serial? Come on, I think life teaches us one way or another huh?

I'm well sure you won't starve.

Be welcome, now you have a very nice PLEK cut SG, it is as precise as it is possible to be, in terms of neck/intonation, by computer precision

of micrometers, not sure whats your neck profile, but mine is around the same time of your edition and is also PLEK cut, it sounds great and its

neck is by far the best (and the fastest!), I just changed its pickups and now it sounds even louder than my LP which has a JB humbucker on the bridge position.

It feels great, and goes very well with a Crybaby.

Archived