Gibson Brands Forums

Government Series I & II Guitars

vangoghsear

Anyone else who owns one of these notice the Ebay completed sales lately?

I occasionally check them out to see if they are holding their value, dropping or going up. At first they hovered around what I bought mine for (I got mine aftermarket from Ebay so I didn't get the great price they originally sold for from official Gibson dealers). Now though, completed sales have doubled what I paid for mine on some.

All you Gov't Series owners, we may have lucked into a fairly good collectible. [thumbup]

Anyone else who owns one of these notice the Ebay completed sales lately?

I occasionally check them out to see if they are holding their value, dropping or going up. At first they hovered around what I bought mine for (I got mine aftermarket from Ebay so I didn't get the great price they originally sold for from official Gibson dealers). Now though, completed sales have doubled what I paid for mine on some.

All you Gov't Series owners, we may have lucked into a fairly good collectible. [thumbup]

Is that right?

Excellent....

I haven't checked.

Besides my Explorer being less expensive than other Explorers for sale it's a real good guitar.

I have only three guitars.

This guitar is now my go to guitar.

I need to get another pick guard so I can save the gold eagle from being completely rubbed off.

The left wing is almost all worn off.

Have had a Gray series One explorer still in the case

Used it a few times (maybe 3 times} less then 30 mins

All the candy and wrapping on the pickup guard is still on.

Case is getting atads dusty but still glad that I have bought the guitar New for $800

and will keep it as a eye sore with other guitars I don't use lol........JT

Archived