Gibson Brands Forums

World's Worst Ad Copy

From the ad copy currently on Ebay for a boomerang harmonica:

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing (no kidding)

VERY OLD WAS MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WHO WA A PRISONER IN THE TAZMANIA PRISON ROBBED BANKS REALLY BUT NOW I NEED TO HELP OUT A FAMILY MEMBER SO I SELL/NEVER FIND ONE LIKE THIS SO MUCH HISTORY BEHIND IT /IT AMAZING TO LOOK AT MY GRANDFATHER WAS A AMAZING BANK ROBBER AND CRIMINAL. MY GRAND MOTHER WAS BAND TO NORTHEM FOR DEFRAUDING ALMOST EVERY CITY IN AUSTRALIA /MY MOTHE RWAS A KLEPTO/FROM GENERATION TAZMANIA WAS A AMAZING TO PLACE TO VISIT

$300

$_57.JPG

SmallBoomerang_zps9976fdcd.jpg

They were made by Seydel and shipped off to Australia during the 1930s or so. Recently made popular in the Nichole Kidman movie Australia, which is why I can't find one to buy.

FMA

With all the 'popularity' of late, we can assume that there will be RE-ISSUES forthcoming .....eh?

What is "fair dinkum" for one of the originals??

With all the 'popularity' of late, we can assume that there will be RE-ISSUES forthcoming .....eh?

What is "fair dinkum" for one of the originals??

There was a reissue several years back and it made the cover of a Charlie Musselwhite album. They go for about $150 on ebay now although they were limited to 1000 production. Unfortunately, they're the size of a real boomerang, not pocket-sized like the one in the above picture.

Fair dinkum? Good choice of words 'cause the only ones I've seen sold were on ebay Australia and they went for a couple of hundred, I think. More than what I'd pay for something that's been in someone else's mouth for 80 years. All the more reason to collect vintage Gibson guitars.

G'day.

I have one I've been trying to throw away for about a year.

Well then, I might just have a garbage can to fit it.

PM if you need help. If you don't, PM me with the location of any new songs you've uploaded. It's been a long dry spell since you've posted one (and I can understand why lately) but your adoring fans (and me too) like to keep up to date on what you've been playing on your GIBSON J-45. (There, that might stop the nasties....)

All best,

FMA

PS: Apologies to everyone for cluttering the forum with harmonica stuff. Sorry. Really. At least it's not a ukulele. (You're not reading this are you Buc?)

Archived