Gibson Brands Forums

Move along.......

Buc McMaster

Hey all. Won't be around these parts much anymore........got to feeling like an outsider without a guitar any longer and it was determined that videos in threads other than "Performance" are frowned upon. Y'all are guitar folk anyway......a uke player just doesn't fit in here. Yes indeed I am a ukulele convert without a second thought. Bought another Gibson uke from somewhere in the 30s, all mahogany soprano......great little player. I like to sing and the uke opens up a whole new world of songs I could never play on a guitar......this video a case in point. I might pop in here once in awhile and drop a video on you all just to annoy those that think performance videos have no place on an acoustic forum.....particularly those played on a freakin' ukulele! Joined a ukulele forum and enjoy the people there. This video was one of my entries in the weekly "Seasons" contest they have...........different host each week with a different theme for tune selection. Uke videos are welcome there and it pushes my learning curve to have to learn a couple new songs each week.

The hat is a Stetson.

The strap is not on the uke enough to concern me with scratches (and besides, it's a player, not a museum piece.......scratches incurred in its' use are no big deal to me).

Mark: if you still want the strap I'll be happy to mail it again........email me.

That's all folks!

Hey all. Won't be around these parts much anymore........got to feeling like an outsider without a guitar any longer and it was determined that videos in threads other than "Performance" are frowned upon.

A house fell on those people. We're back to normal again. Welcome back.

Who'd you borrow the sports coat from?[tongue]

FMA

1) Ukuleles are acoustic instruments last time I checked?2) this is a Gibson forum and you have at least one Gibson uku!3) 25 vs 2 want to hear your music here!

It's enjoyable. It endears ,me to the Gibson brand. It gives me ideas for my own arrangements of songs. It makes me want to check in to the forum much more. It makes me want to buy more Gibsons.

I think gibson folks understand that!

Now get your azzz back here. I bought a Uke because of you.

Buc, the name of this area is "Gibson Acoustic. so the Gibson uke fits in well, along with your other ukes, etc. It doesn't say "guitar" anywhere. This forum becomes a lesser place when it loses good people. I hope you decide to hang-around here. On the other hand, I do understand what you are saying. There's something different about this forum over the last few weeks. To me it's kind of like a chill has crept into the place........ The old adage "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" has some truth to it, sadly.

Fantastic stuff Buc!

I can't stop watching and listening to your you tube music

opens up a world of new tunes for me

Are you ambidextrous, I see you play right and left handed in your videos

I heard about a man who once said, " I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!"

1) Ukuleles are acoustic instruments last time I checked?2) this is a Gibson forum and you have at least one Gibson uke!

Of course the pantie twisters may want a Gibson Ukulele sub-forum??? Still I'd visit that sub-forum to hear Buc's renditions!!!

Archived