Gibson Brands Forums

Homz Is Dead?

Californiaman

Yes, it happened. I can send you the link to the obit if you'd like to make a donation to his charity.

Matt went to the service on Saturday. He said the children were holding up well.

Homz was a good guy. He was very set in his ways but a good man. I remember his garage jams... He loved classic rock and his band did a great job. I believe his wife sang and the rest of the band were all friends. My condolences to all. Does anyone know what happened?

Yes, sad news.

I saw Fenn's mention in another thread and it came as quite a shock.

For those who were not yet here;

Both he and his wife (Wicked1) were very entertaining posters and happy to enter into great discussions hereabouts - some of which ultimately ended up with a bit of exercise for the ban-stick.......[laugh]

I send out my best wishes to his family and friends.

P.

He could certainly stir it up around here.

I will say this about Roger, he stuck to his convictions.

He believed what he believed and there was no changing that.

I'll admit I had my disagreements with him, but hey... above all else Roger was a family man to the end.

He loved his kids and his wife and that was that.

Wasn't he the one who invented Les Balls and Testecaster?

That was some funny stuff back in day.

Rest in peace Roger. [crying]

KSG,

good to see ya' here. You need to come around more.

Bang that cowbell a couple of measures for Ol Homz.

It's always sad to see a young guy die.

He lived about as long as I thought I would when I was pushing the envelope of doing stuff that likely was a bit dangerous (all totally legal, btw)... and he was young enough easily to have been my kid.

"Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Do not go gentle into that good night."

And I'll not speak ill of the dead in rancor or spite.

"...any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee."

m

Guest Farnsbarns

I never spoke to Homz on here, he was just a bit before my time. I've heard him mentioned so many times over the years though, must have made quite an impact. My condolences to his friends and family.

The passing of any loved one and by any circumstances is incredibly sad but when it is someone so young it is even more so.My prayers and heartfelt condolences to his family and his large circle of friends.

What a shocker.

Homz joined here while Neo was on a ban. I and KSG and a few others sparred with him often. I remember warning him that Neo would be back soon, and when he did come back all he11 broke loose.

This place was the wild, wild west for a he11uva long time without moderation and I drank many thousands of beers in front of the computer and truly enjoyed those times.

After I quit drinking, and him and Neo were banned, it changed.........

That's a shame, he was too young to die.

Archived