Gibson Brands Forums

I too sparred often with RH. I tried for the most part to keep it civil as I knew his beliefs and mine were diametrically opposed.

There were times when he would stir the pot just to keep it lively around here for sure.

Good to see you around these parts again Murph.

Hope more folks can pop in and at least leave there condolences to Beth and the kids.

Peace...

It's good to see so many original members coming back to pay their respects to Homz. That was a very diverse group back then. I was a newby after a lot of the proverbial sh!t had already hit the fan, and there were daily political conflicts that had taken place for a few years before I signed on. We all played for keeps back then, and it must have been a little hellish for Duane and other moderators at that time. Lots of bans, both temporary and permanent. It is easy to look back on it now with a certain feeling of nostalgia, even though it wasn't THAT long ago.

All that said, the group back then knew their stuff, and there was a lot of good info being posted. I kinda miss Fred, Steve, ksg, Murph, Thundergod, Blackie, Chanman, dem00n, Axe, cookieman, Fenn, etc. (and sorry if I missed anyone) although I gotta say, I don't miss NeoConMan all that much (and he was really much of the character of that group).

I vaguely recall it was Jocko... but sheesh, it seems like a cupla decades 'stedda a cupla years ago...

Funny thing is that I recall writing in one warlike thread that I had a hunch that regardless what and how the fires burned up keyboards and computer screens courtesy of the forum threads, that both Homz and Neo likely would be considered good neighbors by most of us regardless of our own political perspectives.

Both care(d) about folks. Both just could get wound up on some subjects and may as well have been writing in different languages - a tradition continued on some topics here still - just with usually a bit less confrontational mode.

m

• 2 months later...

I just found this. Sad news. Homz and I had our differences, but he seemed like a dedicated father and husband. Such a shame as he was so young.

Those were good days. It was the Wild West...no rules. I am surprised we all weren't banned from here for life.

I just found this. Sad news. Homz and I had our differences, but he seemed like a dedicated father and husband. Such a shame as he was so young

Indeed. Every time someone mentions the old days, I think of him. (And Neo of course - their battles were epic). Glad to see you here Bluemoon. [thumbup]

I'll reiterate what I said way back when: I've a hunch that both Homz and Neo would be good neighbors. And likely even good neighbors to each other regardless of a huge gap in their politics.

Where I live, "good neighbors" is a helluva compliment.

m

Wow. Haven't seen Bluemoon or Murph in ages. Too bad it was such a sad event that brought them here.

As far as the Homz vs. Neo days, I rarely ever jumped in to those debates. I was never as far left as Homz or as far right as Neo, so I usually ended up kinda agreeing and disagreeing with them both. [unsure]