Gibson Brands Forums

Redondo Beach 89f Hum 8%

Markini

Well LA has Santa Anna conditions for the rest of the week pretty much. Today will be the coolest of the week, here at Redondo Beach atm the temp is 89 F and humidity 8%, and its only going to get worse.

I have 3 Humidifiers going, a portable (has wheels) 14,000 BTU AC set on low, set point 70 F. One humidifier in living room where AC is, one in a bedroom converted to a workshop and one in my back room for guitar storage. Got a fan going in my bedroom and another in the guitar storage room.

Anyhow I am barely holding at 29% humidity, indoor temp not bad about 78F average.

Dries out the skin and makes my guitars squeaky.. Darn! [crying]

It will be getting into the 90s today at the beach with single digit humidity and Santa Anna winds.

Tomorrow will be worse. I am expecting temp records to be broken.

Still have all 3 humidifiers going.

Ah, yes! I remember the Santa Ana's, well (30 years worth). And, the heat that often

went with them. [tongue] Though it seems a little "weird" for May, out there?!

We're having "normal" (or, so they say) May weather (70-80 degrees), here...as opposed to

the July weather, we had last week (over 100 degrees). Very Strange, though not unheard of,

for Kansas. NOTHING is "unheard of" when in comes to weather, in Kansas! LOL And, the

WIND here, lately, has been unrelenting, and very strong!! Not as bad (so far) today, though.

I'll return you, to your local weather stations, now... [biggrin]

CB

Well, "Normal" turned into normal for March/early April. Had a cool snap, 50's & 60's...frost

warnings, in the upper 1/2 of the state. So, we're all over the place, right now. [tongue][confused]

CB

i'm reading about wildfires in Cali. already w/mass evacuations.......hope all are well !!

we're getting a break from the heat today.....which means torrential downpours with lots of thunder and lightning.....hopefully no tornados!

11;35 am today by the beach, 92 F and rising, humidity 8% and falling. Santa Ana Winds picking up.:unsure:

Guitars seem to be doing ok at 29% indoor humidity. All 3 humidifiers going. Only have the GS mini and a Yamaha out.

Its 92 here in Fla. not sure what the humidity is, but I'd guess at least 30%. Wife keeps the house at 71. People wonder why I wear a sweatshirt in July... or sleep with an electric blanket. I'll tell ya... life ain't easy for a boy named....

11;35 am today by the beach, 92 F and rising, humidity 8% and falling. Santa Ana Winds picking up.:unsure:

Guitars seem to be doing ok at 29% indoor humidity. All 3 humidifiers going. Only have the GS mini and a Yamaha out.

I'm about 20 miles south of you, in Huntington Beach, less than 1 mile from the coast. Just got back from the store and the outside temp on my car thermometer said 99. Feels like it too. I'm a bigger fan of the "coastal climate" than this stuff.

And yeah, sounds like a lot of San Diego County is on fire. Look out for a lot more with the drought we're in. Glad I don't live in a fire area, and best wishes to those that do.

Darn! 11:35am PST, Redondo Beach 98 F 5% Hum.

good grief man !!

(if you can put up w/hillbillys) y'all should move to N.E. Bama...Todays high was 56F...and it's currently (4:am) 43F 100% humidity, and not a drop of rain today or tonight!

Here in north-western PA the temperature & humidity change drastically from day to day. It was 90 degrees a couple days ago; today it's 44! You never know how to dress - long underwear and a winter coat one day, and shorts and a wife-beater the next. I don't even bother putting the truss-rod covers on my Gibsons - frequent adjustments are necessary this time of year; in fact, I should probably just leave the wrenches on them too...msp_mad.gif

Wish I could send you some humidity! My house is 75 and humidity 56% according to my thermostat. Exterior humidity was 100% most of yesterday with lots of rain. Cooler today with a high of only 80 and 46% humidity. Very cool and dry for us this time of year. Soon it will be 85-90 every day with steambath humidity.

Crap on a stick San Diego county looks bad on the CNN. Wiseguys in the comments section aside, and I'm one of them, I feel bad for the peoples out there. I hope the rain and some wind from the ocean brings some moisture.

rct

Archived