Gibson Brands Forums

Clueless...?

Seen a Les Paul Ultra III advertised in my local music shop. Very nice in Midnight Sapphire

I have no experience of Epiphone, but have heard mostly good things. I currently have a 60's re-issue Gibson Les Paul, but have taken a shine to this particular guitar

Anyone got any comments on Epiphone, does anyone have an Ultra III and if ever buying an Epiphone (i notice they do some really nice semi-acoustics) is there anything i should look out for?

Thanks in advance :)

My fist electric bought 4/1/14 is an Epip Ultra II used because I fell in love with the black quilt top. I was looking for an Ultra I. I did a lot of web reviews and most where good too. I got mine on line from GC so I did not get to try it out before I bought it but for the money and the way it was described to me, hardly used, I went for it. When I picked it up was when I found it was a Ultra II. If I remember the only difference between the II & III is the built in tuner on the III.

What little bit of playing I have done on it, just learning to play and life getting in the way, I love it. I started learning to play guitar 11/1/13 with an Ibanez A/E combo but the amp did not work to good with the Epip. I need to get an amp but for now I have a VOX AmPlug AC-30 I use with ear buds. Now that it is getting nice outside I can take the guitar out on my deck to play.

I do like the looks of the midnight sapphire blue also just a little flashy for me at this time in my life. I was told if you like the looks of the guitar you will most likely pick it up and play it more than an ugly one. I say if you like it go for it.

When you get it you have to post pictures of it.

Dave ----

Epi%20Front001.jpg

Epi%20Front002.jpg

Seen a Les Paul Ultra III advertised in my local music shop. Very nice in Midnight Sapphire

I have no experience of Epiphone, but have heard mostly good things. I currently have a 60's re-issue Gibson Les Paul, but have taken a shine to this particular guitar

Anyone got any comments on Epiphone, does anyone have an Ultra III and if ever buying an Epiphone (i notice they do some really nice semi-acoustics) is there anything i should look out for?

Thanks in advance :)

60 Reissue from the Gibson custom shop or 60's Tribute?

My fist electric bought 4/1/14 is an Epip Ultra II used because I fell in love with the black quilt top. I was looking for an Ultra I. I did a lot of web reviews and most where good too. I got mine on line from GC so I did not get to try it out before I bought it but for the money and the way it was described to me, hardly used, I went for it. When I picked it up was when I found it was a Ultra II. If I remember the only difference between the II & III is the built in tuner on the III.

What little bit of playing I have done on it, just learning to play and life getting in the way, I love it. I started learning to play guitar 11/1/13 with an Ibanez A/E combo but the amp did not work to good with the Epip. I need to get an amp but for now I have a VOX AmPlug AC-30 I use with ear buds. Now that it is getting nice outside I can take the guitar out on my deck to play.

I do like the looks of the midnight sapphire blue also just a little flashy for me at this time in my life. I was told if you like the looks of the guitar you will most likely pick it up and play it more than an ugly one. I say if you like it go for it.

When you get it you have to post pictures of it.

Dave ----

Epi%20Front001.jpg

Epi%20Front002.jpg

Gorgeous guitar there, if I take the plunge I will post the pictures

Archived