in the song. Regardless of his particular guitar preference, or even musical

style/genre. The kind of emotion, that brings knowing smiles, tears, and

"goose bumps" to the listener. Often, with one note, or short phrase, placed

and played, with aplomb and perfection, in the moment. [thumbup]

But, that's just Me! [biggrin]

CB

Me. Ha Ha .........

[thumbup] Correct answer, Thomse! =D>

I also am my own favorite player of any instrument I play, or I would have to give it all up due to being such a dreadful hack. [rolleyes]

While not my favorite guitar player, Gary Richrath is my favorite LP player!

There are so many, but when choosing just one it doubtlessly has to be Gary Richrath for me, too. He is one of my most important influences since decades, and the biggest of the Les Paul players among them.

...The kind of emotion, that brings knowing smiles, tears, and "goose bumps" to the listener.

Often, with one note, or short phrase, placed and played, with aplomb and perfection, in the moment...

You have just described, perfectly, the Genius of B.B.King.

[thumbup]

I doff my cap in your direction, CB.

P.

Just for fun and in case it's a new snap for anyone;

Here's the LP Mick Taylor played with the Blues Breakers following in the footsteps of Slowhand and Greeny. When I first saw the snap it wasn't captioned and I wondered whether it was a genuine 'burst or an aged modern version. Then a while back three of my mates had the chance to play this very Paul.

Lo-resMickTaylorburst_zps5fa586aa.jpg

Because we all like different types of music; we all search for different things in music; we all hear the same piece of music differently; we all have aspects of music which may impress us whilst leaving another person completely indifferent; we come from different generations and, although it's not true in 100% of cases 100% of the time, different generations tend to appreciate different things both from their predecessors and those who follow - and a thousand other different reasons besides.

I'm sure no-one will think you are 'dissing' their choice and in turn they may be equally unable to understand your preference for those players whom you like in preference to their own favourites.

P.

Pippy,

BEAUTIFUL Shot of Taylor's Les Paul. I'd LOVE just to hold that guitar let alone play it.

Thank You so much for sharing. Take care and keep the BLUES ALIVE. Best Regards...MississippiBlue

Pippy,

BEAUTIFUL Shot of Taylor's Les Paul. I'd LOVE just to hold that guitar let alone play it.

Thank You so much for sharing. Take care and keep the BLUES ALIVE. Best Regards...MississippiBlue

Pippy,

Just a side note for you. When you get the chance check out these Canadian guitarists.

Frank Marino

Jeff Healey

Walter Rossi

Enjoy. MississippiBlue

Mahogany Rush!!! Good one MB - but did Marino use a LP? I only remember an SG in his hands.

Hey Haphazard,

You are 100% correct on the SG. I'm just trying to provide some new flavour for everyone's listening and viewing pleasure. I just LOVE this Forum, the excellent posts and it's participants. I must add to the list of Les Paul Slingers ~ Kim Simmonds from Savoy Brown.

Keep The Blues Alive and Well. MississippiBlue

Hey Haphazard,

You are 100% correct on the SG. I'm just trying to provide some new flavour for everyone's listening and viewing pleasure. I just LOVE this Forum, the excellent posts and it's participants. I must add to the list of Les Paul Slingers ~ Kim Simmonds from Savoy Brown.

Keep The Blues Alive and Well. MississippiBlue

To all interested,

Check out Pete Thorn. Slings many guitars ( Les Paul included). Very gifted guitarist.

Gordie Johnson of Big Sugar and Grady . He also did work with Warren Haynes and Alan Woody ~ Slings Gibson.

Peace to all. MississippiBlue

Another vote for Joe Bonamassa. Might not have the classic rock mojo of these other guys, but dang, Joe plays the heck out of his Les Paul.

joe.png

Thanks for throwing out a list of players here, MB.

Some of them I know but there are a few names which are new to me and, judging by the number of 'mutual interest' players you've mentioned, I'm sure they will be well worth checking out.

In fact Frank Marino was introduced to me way back in '78 when I bought the 'Mahogany Rush Live' album but I haven't listened to it in yonks so it's about to get dusted-down...lol!

[thumbup]

P.

Thanks for throwing out a list of players here, MB.

Some of them I know but there are a few names which are new to me and, judging by the number of 'mutual interest' players you've mentioned, I'm sure they will be well worth checking out.

In fact Frank Marino was introduced to me way back in '78 when I bought the 'Mahogany Rush Live' album but I haven't listened to it in yonks so it's about to get dusted-down...lol!

[thumbup]

P.

Pippy,

No problem. It is my ABSOLUTE PLEASURE. Marino isn't too shabby for an SG Slinger. Please, go to YOUTUBE and type in Pete Thorn Les Paul. I think you will TRULY enjoy it.

Take Care and My Best Regards to you. MississippiBlue.

Pippy may I tell you something in secret.... Tony McPhee The Ground Hogs. Tell no one and enjoy.

Alex Lifeson.

And Damn... How does Joe Bonamassa decide which AMP and GUITAR to use?

He has people that tell him.

rct

Another vote for Joe Bonamassa. Might not have the classic rock mojo of these other guys, but dang, Joe plays the heck out of his Les Paul.

joe.png

Sorry, that's just annoying! :rolleyes:

[scared]

CB

He sure does! I couldn't play like him even in my dreams! [biggrin]

Right on the money Haphazard. He sure does have the MOJO and the chops to boot. Saw him about 5 years ago and he was doing just fine back then. I'd be happy with an ounce of his talent. He's also a pretty down to earth guy. You can hear a strong Eric Johnson influence in his technique. I love his Zeppelin and ZZ Top tributes. He also does a Side project with Black Country Communion. Jason Bonham on drums, Glenn Hughes on Bass and the Keyboardist has worked in many bands. Sorry I can't remember his name. One thing for sure, Bonamassa has GREAT taste in gear.

Take care. MississippiBlue

H*ly Cr*p...another blast from my past...E. Johnson. Here's another classic fusion band - The Dixie Dregs. Uh-oh, MB, we are straying too far from the original post question!!! [flapper][scared]

Mr. Haphazard,

The Dixie Dregs ~ Steve Morse. Right on!! Yes, we have gone off topic but what a way to go. This is BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE how this has grown. Let's really blow it up ~ Humble Pie, Frampton's Camel and to top it off the early incarnation of UFO. Oh why not? Zeke Leonard and his band MANN.

AWESOME taste in music you have. Infinite Regards, MississippiBlue

Mr. Haphazard,

The Dixie Dregs ~ Steve Morse. Right on!! Yes, we have gone off topic but what a way to go. This is BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE how this has grown. Let's really blow it up ~ Humble Pie, Frampton's Camel and to top it off the early incarnation of UFO. Oh why not? Zeke Leonard and his band MANN.

AWESOME taste in music you have. Infinite Regards, MississippiBlue

Sorry Haphazard. That would be Deke Leonard. Darn IPad.MB

Thank you...and right back your way! I wore out the Live UFO LP from...'78?

Don't laugh too hard, but there was something cool about Dave Hlubek on the tune Bounty Hunter and a few others.

Thanks. Now I have a PERMANENT smile tattooed to my face. People are gonna wonder tomorrow at work.

Props to you my GOOD MAN. MississippiBlue