Gibson Brands Forums

LP Gurus...tell me about this axe

fpstraccia

Case dismissed' date=' rocketman.[/quote']

Thanks AXE®! "The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget." -- Thomas S. Szasz. You are truly wise. Feel free to call me an idiot if I screw up again...

i am just amazed at the number of these types of threads. and they are increasing.

it just makes me kinda sad (and mad) because this used to be a great forum' date=' but i honestly think its going downhill. sure, there are guys like you and AXE (and others), but there can be no dispute that the quality of threads has declinded immensely as the number of new members increased.[/quote']

+100000000 some days its just unbelievable

Well she's a great looking axe!! as are your others!

Well I thought I had one of your sibs lol mine has this right under the U.S.A made stamping

Thanks much! This is very interesting. I've never seen the number placed there. What is the exact model of your guitar? fpstraccia's number is exactly where my number is placed. Please post some more pictures of yours.

I've seen and played many a guitar' date=' and that makes me want to touch myself inappropriately...

[/quote']

LMFAO Axe! I agree whole-heartedly. She looks to be for real. I also say it is a LP Limited Edition Santa Fe Sunrise finish. I think they discontinued them around '04 or '05.

Thanks much! This is very interesting. I've never seen the number placed there. What is the exact model of your guitar? fpstraccia's number is exactly where my number is placed. Please post some more pictures of yours.

Thanks man' date='My guess is that my guitar is a 2004 limited edition standard,(8 digit serial) case candy checklist model number LP5MCBCNH1 I don't have a digital camera but the pic in my avitar shows it and I only have one other pic of it at the moment.

This pic does not do the guitar justice but it's all I have for now,I'll have to buy a nice camera and take some snap shots,but to tell you the truth I just love playing it,and when it's not being played it goes back to it's case.

[img']http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr349/KingMetalHeart/myguitarsLesPauls-Copy-1.jpg[/img]

Thanks man' date='My guess is that my guitar is a 2004 limited edition standard,(8 digit serial) case candy checklist model number LP5MCBCNH1 I don't have a digital camera but the pic in my avitar shows it and I only have one other pic of it at the moment.

This pic does not do the guitar justice but it's all I have for now,I'll have to buy a nice camera and take some snap shots,but to tell you the truth I just love playing it,and when it's not being played it goes back to it's case.

[/quote']

Yep it definitely looks like a Limited Edition. Very nice! Do you know what the 39/275 means? I've never seen that before...

Yep it definitely looks like a Limited Edition. Very nice! Do you know what the 39/275 means? I've never seen that before...

Well I've done some searching but I would be guessing that 275 total instruments were shipped to Guitar Center.

The model number identifies it,but I can only decipher the last 5 numbers being that it is a Black Cherry with nickel harware.

I am guessing that mine was the 39th instument produced or sold to GC,not sure about it though.

I would ask some of the pro's around here but I figured that they have been bothered enough by newbies and I didn't want to wear out my welcome.

I like the guitar and play it all the time and I do not plan on selling it,so the value really doesn't matter to me,I think it's just a joy to play and have fun with.

I'm sure that Axe,Thunder,RiChi, R9 and others could be accurate with the specifications of my particular LP but again I figured to lurk a little,not bother them with research and just try to join in on the fun.

Thank you for your interest and keep up the jams!

Well I've done some searching but I would be guessing that 275 total instruments were shipped to Guitar Center.

The model number identifies it' date='but I can only decipher the last 5 numbers being that it is a Black Cherry with nickel harware.

I am guessing that mine was the 39th instument produced or sold to GC,not sure about it though.

I would ask some of the pro's around here but I figured that they have been bothered enough by newbies and I didn't want to wear out my welcome.

I like the guitar and play it all the time and I do not plan on selling it,so the value really doesn't matter to me,I think it's just a joy to play and have fun with.

I'm sure that Axe,Thunder,RiChi, R9 and others could be accurate with the specifications of my particular LP but again I figured to lurk a little,not bother them with research and just try to join in on the fun.

Thank you for your interest and keep up the jams![/quote']

I do know for a fact that mine only had a run a GC, but no such numbering scheme on mine. Yours definitely looks like a Limited Edition (it's got the correct headstock). You may have a very rare guitar (I'm not sure). I did a extensive search but found nothing on other forums or the Gibson website on serial numbers, that I saw. Maybe one of the true experts here will know. They won't mind with a question like this; if so I'll take their beatings for you since AXE® took away my strike!! Or try giving GC a call...

I do know for a fact that mine only had a run a GC' date=' but no such numbering scheme on mine. Yours definitely looks like a Limited Edition (it's got the correct headstock). You may have a very rare guitar (I'm not sure). I did a extensive search but found nothing on other forums or the Gibson website on serial numbers, that I saw. Maybe one of the true experts here will know. They won't mind with a question like this; if so I'll take their beatings for you since AXE® took away my strike!! Or try giving GC a call...[/quote']

Ha ha AXE® seems to be the pro around these here parts,well I thank you for your help rocketman and I figured that it's a Limited Edition (yep the headstock flower pot is a nice feature) when I search the model number, nothing comes up really ....I am happy that this forum has people like you that can offer help and advice....I do have some sources that I usually refer to but Gibson produces some models for short periods, so it becomes a little hard to narrow some of the options and features down.

I'll keep a watch,and if it starts to rain lead I'll definitely provide cover for you!

Ive got the santa fe sunrise limited edition 2004 and its very very nice, ebony neck, white binding on body ,neck and headstock,white pickup surrounds and toggle and a nickle jack socket. The top is so nice that when we opened it in the shop the owner thought that Gibson had sent the wrong guitar because it looks like a bone yard.This is one guitar I will never let go , sounds and plays like a a dream. I LOVE IT.

Don't ask. He's as dumb as a brick (or a troll) and won't read your reply anyway.

You aren't telling me anything I don't already know. He was slashfan1 on MLP, then he came here as rightlespaul, then on the same day as rightlespaul's last post, he signs up again as gibsonfreaky.

He's just a 12-year-old with nothing better to do than sit in front of his computer and be a goofball.......kinda like some fat old truck drivers!#-o

Archived