Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a Gibson case for a CL-20 (songwriter)

rocket launcher

I picked up a darn nice Gibson CL-20 for my daughter a while back. She will be using it for open mic's soon so it will be hitting the road.

This was a 2+ owner guitar and the original case wandered off some time back. I would like to get a Gibson case for it but can't seem to find any used, any suggestions?

Can you buy a Gibson case without a guitar from Gibson?

Silver Creek cases are probably as good as anything you can find out there.

I've got one for my 78 Alvarez Yari, fits perfectly

a good solid case for around 80 bucks.

Musicians Friend is where I ordered from.

On ebay is this one

NEW Gibson J45 AJ SJ CW Dove Hummingbird ES 175 Hard Shell Acoustic Guitar Case

Item number 261468052412

And this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Gibson-J45-AJ-SJ-CW-Dove-Hummingbird-Etc-TKL-Hard-Shell-Acoustic-Guitar-Case-/321386927617?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4ad4275601

Item no 321386927617

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I was willing to pay a bit more then the typical ~$100 for a decent case, but not sure I would pay $300 for one. I already have several good cases, i just thought it would be cool to have a Gibson one for it. You know how that goes.

I will keep my eyes out for a decent used one, sooner or later one will pop up eh?

Rocket,,

I'm not one to beat a dead horse, but, this will definitely solve the problem, 79 bucks + free SH...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/silver-creek-vintage-dreadnought-archtop-case

can't beat that with a stick..

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already have several cases the CL-20 will fit in, but now I am thinking about getting a case like this and then picking up a can of gold spray paint and making a Gibson stencil........

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already have several cases the CL-20 will fit in, but now I am thinking about getting a case like this and then picking up a can of gold spray paint and making a Gibson stencil........

[thumbup]

Thats not a bad deal at all. The CL-20 body is pretty close to the J-45 so this just might work!

Thanks!

It will definitely work, I have both guitars and they are interchangeable.

Oops, geelinus, I posted before I read down and saw that you had posted that it was interchangeable already.

Archived