Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone have an old PR-200S?

walterlane

Does anyone have a PR-200S, long discontinued, the S standing for, of course, solid top? How does it sound? As stated before, I have a PR-200; it has a select, meaning laminate, top. Of course solid tops are always preferable; but I'm just wondering if, in this case, if really makes all that much difference.

No complaints from me about the way it plays or sounds. Unfortunately I'm not very good at being able to describe the way a guitar sounds. I can't say it's the best sounding guitar I've ever played, but it's also far from being the worst.

No complaints from me about the way it plays or sounds. Unfortunately I'm not very good at being able to describe the way a guitar sounds. I can't say it's the best sounding guitar I've ever played, but it's also far from being the worst.

Found a video on the PR-350s. Not best recording scenario but good enough to provide a pretty good representation of how the guitar sounds in general. I thought it sounded pretty good:

I'm looking for a video of the PR-200s. Found some on the PR-200 but not the solid top version yet.

P.S: Might be a little name confusion going on with this thread of mine. Epiphone changed the PR to DR some years back and its possible I've been thinking PR-200s when I've should have been thinging DR-200s. However, I'm still kinda sure there was a PR-200s.

I've found videos on the DR-200s; here's one:

I've looked over that page before. While looking again just now I spoted a slight detail that needs correction: it says PR200 had satin finish but mine has a gloss finish. I did not see a PR200s listed so maybe I am misremembering this, but its possible a model is missed in listing. There have been so very many.

Archived