Gibson Brands Forums

New LP Look...a mod

I think that would look more awesome on a dark or black guitar... or if you had a flamed top rather than a plain top (not that theres anything wrong with a nice plain top and you got some nice grain on yours :))

The more I look at the pickguard I kinda like it, need to have matching pu rings & switch ring tho, then you would need to do the knobs, maybe a light steel wool rub on some black speed knobs, just to take the sheen off.

Not a big fan of the stock covers on the back either, to me yours works as good as the originals.

I always felt like when they cut that out why not use the original material as a cover, so I'm kinda on a quest to find a piece of mahogany with the grain look to make some covers from.

I bought my Studio with a slight buckle rash on the back, like the man said "doesn't affect the way it plays only the money you save" such a salesman, so that will get repaired when I find the cover material, but really no big hurry.

Yeah ... really not a bad looking pickguard

Thanks Guys...appreciate the feedback.

The mods were made by my son's teacher/luthier as an experiment...to replace the black covers he had on it before.

The idea of glossy'ing up the guard to match the nitro's gloss is a good one.

I think the original TRC needs to stay....I do prefer these mods over the OEM plastic guards/covers.

I actually really dig this and think it looks good! Now, when you say the mods were made by your son's teacher/luthier "made the mods" do you mean he/she actually made them or did he/she install them? If your son's teacher/luthier didn't make them, where did you get them at?

I actually really dig this and think it looks good! Now, when you say the mods were made by your son's teacher/luthier "made the mods" do you mean he/she actually made them or did he/she install them? If your son's teacher/luthier didn't make them, where did you get them at?

....he makes/sells guitars and made these for my son for giggles. I suppose he'd love to sell them too...