Gibson Brands Forums

Some Old, Some New

BluesKing777

I half expected to see another "new" picture with a puppy in it.

I really like this thread as I am a sucker for this "old" and "new" stuff peacefully co-existing.

Being in a reso frame of mind as of late I would love to get my hands on your 1936 Trojan and then play the newer version right behind it.

Just curious - have you ever gotten your hands on one of the Regal-made versions. I don't thnk these were ever issued under the National/Dobro name but are identical to them.

I half expected to see another "new" picture with a puppy in it.

I really like this thread as I am a sucker for this "old" and "new" stuff peacefully co-existing.

Being in a reso frame of mind as of late I would love to get my hands on your 1936 Trojan and then play the newer version right behind it.

Just curious - have you ever gotten your hands on one of the Regal-made versions. I don't thnk these were ever issued under the National/Dobro name but are identical to them.

All these kind of Nationals are fairly scarce in my neck of the woods, and when I saw it on the wall at a local music shop, I grabbed it! These days with overnight international shipping, anything is possible, but I have never seen a Regal built one, and doubt if there was one in a 10,000 mile radius of my place, and before I bought the Trojan I had never seen one of those either.

A couple of plucks at the music shop and it had to be mine! What a sound, except...it is 'set up for slide only' and really hurts the fretting fingers, but great for really clean slide, so I am undecided as to getting the action lowered to fret easier.

The ONLY thing alike about any of the guitars in the pictures, old or new, is that they have six strings each! Precisely why I bought them.

BluesKing777.

Archived