Gibson Brands Forums

Dad and babies

markwillplay

Strange that even though I play professionally, my kids have stayed away from singing. I finally got them to mess with a couple of tunes they have grown up listening to. Couple CSNY tunes. Our pitch isn't perfect by any means and they may appear to be a bit disinterested. But they are actually loving learning harmonies. Cool.

next I will make sure I have the Gibson on board. The 12 fret is so handy.

Nice! Great to see a family jamming together. Maybe get the kids a tambourine and shaker, would give them more to do and a nice bit of percussion for you. The harmonies sound great. Keep it up! [thumbup]

Really enjoyed that, Mark!

That harmonies in that song aren't easy to do live. If you listen to live recordings of it by CS&N, you'll find they struggle with them in a live setting as well.

The studio is a wonderful thing......

1) Your voices are golden.

2) I love when your daughter's yawns start the party :)

3) I finally figured out that they were getting the lyrics from their phones; I thought they were texting friends (OMG I cant believe he is making us do this)

Thanks for sharing this. Big smiles.

yea, thanks. They just started to sing harmonies last week. they have been listening for a lifetime but I could never get them to sing with me until recently. They are not as disinterested as the appear. They are unsure of their parts and are actually concentrating.

That is a recording king slot head (ROS 626) that I had a new pyramid bridge made for (to make intonation spot on). It sounded so good that it was worth doing. I play that guitar a lot.

fixed the link now

Archived