Gibson Brands Forums

2013 Les Paul Standard Goldtop

RainboGuy

I just bought one of these last week and feel VERY fortunate to have this guitar as it plays and sounds so beautiful....best Les Paul I've ever owned OR played......and it came PERFECTLY setup and intonated.

The asymmetrical neck, compound radius fretboard and pickups along with both cool and useful switching positions, and it's classic Goldtop Good Looks make this one a winner....thank you Gibson...you made a GREAT guitar here!!!

I tried to do a good job showing the quality of the Binding that was done on this guitar.....it's IMMACULATE, and, seriously, the "thickest" binding I've seen on a Gibson in a while.....it's pretty impressive and "frames" the rich Gold color of the guitar beautifully.

I have a Gibson Les Paul Junior Special in Gloss TV Yellow with Black P-90's and a baked Maple Board, and that guitar ROCKS....so I would have to agree on P-90's!!! Actually, I traded a Gibson 60's re-issue Les Paul Studio Goldtop with Cream P-90's in it for the 2013 Standard.....the studio was great but NO COMPARISON to the 2013 Standard.......not even close, so it was a no-brainer for me to do the upgrade to this guitar....

Tonewise, the switching options with the Burstbucker Pros helped seal the deal for me......there are a tremendous variety of tonal options with these pickups...unlike any other Gibson I have ever owned...

Archived