Gibson Brands Forums

Here's My New Baby Bird...she's flying south as we speak

Jimi D-Bo

They are really stunning guitars. I own the 2013 Custom Shop version.

It really is a nice guitar and smells like maple smoked bacon when you put it on (yum). I upgraded the bridge and pins to bone (Colosi) and had the neck set up. The action is the best out of all of my guitars and its one of the funnest to play. Its the first guitar I pick up when I get home from work.

I am still trying to find the best fit strings wise. I want somehting a bit sharper than the EXP's I have on their now. Sooner or later I will nail it.

Enjoy!!

They are really stunning guitars. I own the 2013 Custom Shop version.

It really is a nice guitar and smells like maple smoked bacon when you put it on (yum). I upgraded the bridge and pins to bone (Colosi) and had the neck set up. The action is the best out of all of my guitars and its one of the funnest to play. Its the first guitar I pick up when I get home from work.

I am still trying to find the best fit strings wise. I want somehting a bit sharper than the EXP's I have on their now. Sooner or later I will nail it.

Enjoy!!

I'm really glad that you chimed in on this thread Rock, I found Colosi's website and am going to follow your example and upgrade both of my Gibsons with his pins and saddles

I'm really glad that you chimed in on this thread Rock, I found Colosi's website and am going to follow your example and upgrade both of my Gibsons with his pins and saddles

I ordered the bone saddle and pins first, then when they came in I took them and the guitar to our local shop for a neck set up. The combination of the upgrades really made a difference. Its a much better playing and sounding instrument than when I first got it. And it really shouldn't need any additional tune ups for many years.

Once I find the right strings for it, I probably won't change a thing for a decade!

Once I find the right strings for it, I probably won't change a thing for a decade!

Look forward to hear what you find, , , , to me the maples are a bit bass-mellow when strings begin to fade.

Still exactly this factor is absolutely right for some situations.

Archived