Gibson Brands Forums

First Gibson

Rosinante

Hi all. I'm about to get myself my first j-45. Likely a 2003 model. Anyone have one of these and care to give opinions. I will be buying used, but it is from a reputable dealer. Also being used puts it in my price range. I just graduated college got my car stolen and recovered and feel like I deserve a reward. So tell me all about your 2000's j-45s! There is also A PureVoice J-45 that is a bit of a stretch, also used, from music zoo. It's a little on the high side of my price range but I have always wanted to try out the Trance Amulet syatem, I currently have a k&K in my 000-15. Looking forward to the great info I know you'll all be able to provide!

Have a2009 J45 TV. Hands down the most fun I've ever had with a guitar. It has a Lyric in it, which is ok. I have that Trance Mono in my SJ, I love it. Easy to use, just plug and play, no EQ no preamp boxes, no putzing around. A very fine pickup. I have not played a standard that I can recall.

My first Gibson was a 2005 J-45 "Historic", which was a superb guitar. I only sold it as the nut was a little too slim for my big hands (1.6875ins) I upgraded to a "new vintage" Southern Jumbo from Wildwood (1.725ins nut + the extra bling that comes with the SJ). The "Historic" models had the white tuner buttons that these days come with the True Vintage model. Of course if you can stretch to the TV version I don't think you'd be disappointed. Alternatively check out the Woody Guthrie SJ which is underpriced in my view.

My take on it is that paying extra for onboard electronics is only a consideration if you will be gigging with the guitar regularly. I mean it does not hurt having them but they are not going to enter into the equation playing in your living room.

Congrats, there is no feeling quite like waiting for your new guitar to arrive!

Never experienced it as I have never bought anything I was not able to hold in my sweaty little hands. But I figure it has to be in the ballpark of waiting for one to get back from the repair guy - especially when you are hitting a one-year wait. Probably even worse because you know what you are missing.

1400789756[/url]' post='1522961']

Never experienced it as I have never bought anything I was not able to hold in my sweaty little hands. But I figure it has to be in the ballpark of waiting for one to get back from the repair guy - especially when you are hitting a one-year wait. Probably even worse because you know what you are missing.

A leap of faith to be sure, but not having played it heightens the suspense. Researching it, and getting input here helps increase the probability of success.

Archived