Gibson Brands Forums

Please help! Burstbucker pickup problem

tcox

While trying to lower my pickup on my Epiphone ES335, one side has disconnected from the pickup, and now the screw will not thread into the hole of the pickup. Does anyone know what I should do to fix this? Will I have to get a new screw? Or re thread the hole on the pickup? Any help is much appreciated!

v6IqmOp.jpg

Aiyf60q.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the welcome!

The problem is, the screw to set the pickup will not thread in, so I keep turning and nothing. I had it all apart and ended up putting it back together because I am in the middle of reocrding and need to still play haha.

So yeah, the screw won't thread into the hole in the pickup :(

So yeah, the screw won't thread into the hole in the pickup :(

You have to get the screw perfectly straight to the thread on the lug, and that's always tricky when the spring keeps moving about. If you don't it will just keep going round and round. From the picture it looks like the pickup/surround are still screwed to the guitar. You're probably, I would say almost definitely, going to have to unscrew and lift the surround/pickup up to get it done. If you don't, you're just going to be stabbing away at it.

You have to get the screw perfectly straight to the thread on the lug, and that's always tricky when the spring keeps moving about. If you don't it will just keep going round and round. From the picture it looks like the pickup/surround are still screwed to the guitar. You're probably, I would say almost definitely, going to have to unscrew and lift the surround/pickup up to get it done. If you don't, you're just going to be stabbing away at it.

I actually did already have it all apart, strings loose and took the cover off and all that, I thought the thread may have been stripped, but I managed to (with a very light touch) get it to catch on, it's just very touchy and I will not go near it again now because that was a hassle haha. Thanks guys!

Archived