Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L50 or Epi Triumph

dallasblues

Can anyone tell me about the L-50 and the Epiphone Triumph guitars? Someday soon I'd like to get a solid top (not laminate) archtop, but just can't afford the L5, L7, Super 400, L12, etc. How are these models? How do they compare with one another? I've already got a '51 ES-125 that I really do love. I just want something similar with a bigger acoustic presence.

Can anyone tell me about the L-50 and the Epiphone Triumph guitars? Someday soon I'd like to get a solid top (not laminate) archtop, but just can't afford the L5, L7, Super 400, L12, etc. How are these models? How do they compare with one another? I've already got a '51 ES-125 that I really do love. I just want something similar with a bigger acoustic presence.

I had an L50 Banner Logo (1943). Nice. It was a laminate top but the attack was strong and the sustain was cool. It was maple back and sides so made for volume and quick response. I love em and they're cheap if you hunt around for them. A cool little Gibson for a cool little price.

Archived