Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone use iMovie for editing videos?

daveinspain

I have the whole performance from our last gig but it's in one long 1.6 gig file... I have made many seperate clips from that file but when I try up load a clip to YouTube I get a message saying the clip is too long. It still shows it as 1.6 gigs even though the clips are only 3 to 5 minutes long, not the whole one hour and 15 minutes. I can't seem to find how to export the individual clips. I tried to drag and dropping them to the desk top but that doesn't work either... :-k

I have the whole performance from our last gig but it's in one long 1.6 gig file... I have made many seperate clips from that file but when I try up load a clip to YouTube I get a message saying the clip is too long. It still shows it as 1.6 gigs even though the clips are only 3 to 5 minutes long, not the whole one hour and 15 minutes. I can't seem to find how to export the individual clips. I tried to drag and dropping them to the desk top but that doesn't work either... :-k

What is the file extension? avi....mov....mpeg?

I do video editing and might be able to help you out.

I use Adobe software.

Dave I think this is correct: Once you have finished your clip, click share at the top. Then choose file. It will ask you if you want to save and to where. I save to desktop then upload to youtube through the internet. I don't upload directly through iMovie which is another option when you click share.

That's the problem I don't find where to export... I do the share thing but it wants to export the whole video to YouTube, not just the selected clip...

Try create new event. Then copy and paste the clip to the new event then try sharing.

That's the problem I don't find where to export... I do the share thing but it wants to export the whole video to YouTube, not just the selected clip...

Under the "Share" tab, use "export using Quicktime" which will basically export it to the destination you select (desktop/folder/etc.) and you can set parameters for file size/resolution.

Don't know what the **** I'm doing wrong I still can't export just the portion of the video I want to make a clip. I select the portion I want and it gets contained in a yellow outlined box. I assume that means thats what I have selected. Export movie and the whole video gets exported not just my selected clip… VERY FRUSTRATING…!

Don't know what the **** I'm doing wrong I still can't export just the portion of the video I want to make a clip. I select the portion I want and it gets contained in a yellow outlined box. I assume that means thats what I have selected. Export movie and the whole video gets exported not just my selected clip… VERY FRUSTRATING…!

My bad, Dave. I didn't understand what you were trying to do. You won't be able to export only a portion of the project. Instead copy the portion (clip) you want, create a new project, and paste in the selection. Then you will export the newly created project that contains only the part you wanted.

Archived