Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daveinspain

Is there something you've always wanted to do but never have?

Scuba thread got me thinking... What's on your to do list before you die? Here's a few things on mine. Not sure if I'll do any of them though.

1. Sky dive

2. ride in a hot air balloon

3. Pilot a jet (not gonna happen)

4. Drive a race car (could happen)

5. Play guitar well (working on it)

Win a Multi-million dollar lottery jackpot! Gotta be in it to win it!

1. Drive stick (because the coolest cars are standard)

2. Be a "dad" (because I don't want to be preggo, I just want the baby to arrive via airmail)

3. Have a vintage car to fix up and tinker with and be proud of (mainly to drive it sporadically and be under the hood in a beater all greasy)

4. Wear a dress and heels and feel confident and pretty (last time I wore a girlie thing AND felt sexy I was 13 and I was in my schoolgirl uniform...being girlie without feeling ridiculous is hard O.o )

5. Be a professor (because I'm happy when I teach and I love to lecture)

Izzy......ever seen a "column shift" standard shift? that's what the car above was......had a "wand" coming from the steering column, but had to be manually shifted w/a clutch pedal.

anybody that remembers these monsters.....WHAT happens if you try to "jam" it from 1st into 2nd?????

all together now.......

Bender...

Wasn't too bad if you handled the clutch right on the 292 Ford of that era. My '59 Plymouth had its drive train so screwed up when I got it that if you ran the revs right, you didn't really have to use the clutch. <grin>

I took a ride in a '57 one time with a friend who delivered his girlfriend to college some 300 miles away and we ran home at night on two-lane roads at speed that shouldn't have been done with his jacked-up rear end and smooth tires. Sheesh, youth.

m

....ever seen a "column shift" standard shift? that's what the car above was......had a "wand" coming from the steering column, but had to be manually shifted w/a clutch pedal.

We call that three on the tree down here. [biggrin]

I may guess myself lucky despite of having gone through good and not so good times.

There's nothing I always wanted to do AND never did. Wishes changed with me over the years. I never regretted having done or omitted anything I did deliberately. I made and still make mistakes, and being able to beg somebody's pardon is the very relief for me, although I tend to keep on taking it all to heart.

It all makes me writing songs, singing, and playing music. This eventually made me join here.

Guess I am really lucky although I'm going through some harder days now. [rolleyes]

1. Drive stick (because the coolest cars are standard)

2. Be a "dad" (because I don't want to be preggo, I just want the baby to arrive via airmail)

3. Have a vintage car to fix up and tinker with and be proud of (mainly to drive it sporadically and be under the hood in a beater all greasy)

4. Wear a dress and heels and feel confident and pretty (last time I wore a girlie thing AND felt sexy I was 13 and I was in my schoolgirl uniform...being girlie without feeling ridiculous is hard O.o )

5. Be a professor (because I'm happy when I teach and I love to lecture)

Perhaps try to feel like described under 4, regardless of clothing, just be like that, or should I say: be as you are?

Then switch "dad" to "mum" in point 2, and point 5 will become your very reality, too, in the best ever possible sense. [thumbup]

Don't think about it all - just feel it. :)

Izzy...

Perhaps the better attitude is "I've got __(fill in the blank for 'confidence,' 'sexiness,' or 'class')" and it shows in photographs.

m

Not just in photographs I believe. ;)

Izzy......ever seen a "column shift" standard shift? that's what the car above was......had a "wand" coming from the steering column, but had to be manually shifted w/a clutch pedal.

anybody that remembers these monsters.....WHAT happens if you try to "jam" it from 1st into 2nd?????

all together now.......

Bender...

Wasn't too bad if you handled the clutch right on the 292 Ford of that era. My '59 Plymouth had its drive train so screwed up when I got it that if you ran the revs right, you didn't really have to use the clutch. <grin>

I took a ride in a '57 one time with a friend who delivered his girlfriend to college some 300 miles away and we ran home at night on two-lane roads at speed that shouldn't have been done with his jacked-up rear end and smooth tires. Sheesh, youth.

m

Next to all cars have a manual floor shift here. I am addicted to my smooth 2007 Ford C-MAX six-speed passenger turbo diesel, so no problem for me... [biggrin]

Bender...

m

everything I ever had w/"3 on the tree" (57 Ford, 62 IH p'up, 65 Chevy & 67 GM p'up...even Dads old '52 Crown) would jam like a bad cog if not "relaxed" a second between 1st & 2nd......causing a trip under the hood w/a screwdriver to unlock the linkage @ the firewall.......great memories though.

Same up here,,,

I had a couple of those over the years.

Anyone ever have a push button automatic?

Had an old beater Plymouth automatic with push button transmission.

Crazy man crazy.

Oh ya,, and is there anything I've always wanted to do but never have?

Ya,,, probly.

But I don't lose any sleep over it.

Same up here,,,

Crazy man crazy.

oh man......back in school (mid 70s) a good friend had matching Buick Specials.....a '63 and a '64.....both had pushbutton automatics....we locked one (engine) up when we put it on its side, the other he traded for a Kawasaki dirt bike........

It was always a little guitar fantasy for me to play to a crowd on stage.

Did it a few times to full clubs at the end of last year as lead guitarist. Had a blast and received great reviews.

Would be fun to do again and likely will.

I've been very fortunate and have been able to do pretty much what I've wanted to do.

No desire to jump out of a plane or bungee jump or anything that involves height and plunging to the ground, even tethered.

Raquel Welsh when she was young...

But seriously, I would like to have a 1950's convertible, does not have to be one of the most popular models. I can afford one but then I would have to retire at 80.

Vacation in the International Space Station for a week or two - notice I said vacation and not work. My nose would be glued to the window for the entire flight ;)

My desires are simple.

Notes

Yes to Chrysler push button transmichigans... Also a '55 with the tranny selector on the dashboard. That's the old Chrysler that had in its owners' manual, "when driving at 120 miles per hour or above, reinflate tire pressures 2 to 4 pounds."

m

Same up here,,,

Crazy man crazy.

I've driven one of those. - Ever see a Chevy with a "T" handle shifter on the dash? (Powerglide tranny). Those were really interesting!

1. Visit the McLaren Technology Centre (likely to happen)

2. Return to Japan and see Mount Fuji and Kyoto (saving my pennies hard!)

3. Own a Deusenberg (saving pennies in a separate jar from the Japan fund)

4. Drive a race car (very unlikely)

5. Finish my Diploma (i'm getting there...slowly)

Make it to 2016, for our 35th we plan to drive the Alaska Highway and get to Danali. That will make 49 out of 50. Don't care at all about Hawaii, so it'll stay at 49!

rct

Make it to 2016, for our 35th we plan to drive the Alaska Highway and get to Danali. That will make 49 out of 50. Don't care at all about Hawaii, so it'll stay at 49!

rct

We did Alaska in a rented motor home - the best way to do it. Be sure to take a flight to Point Barrow (you can't drive there) if you can and spend a day there. It's the northernmost place on the continent and in the summer, the sun never sets.

I've been to 40 of 50 myself plus a few territories and a number of foreign (to me) from the Americas to China. I love to be a traveler (as opposed to being a tourist)

#1 I would like to be able to afford to buy more(any)hot rods again,they got so darn expensive.Oh yea I did have a Chrysler push button automatic,the buttons were located on the front of the seat right between my legs.Wow I miss my hemi rod.

CCF07242013_00004-1.jpg

#2 I also want to go to a renfest in the UK and wear my full armour,pack and weapons and ride around trails of a forest on a horse and camp out for a few nights.I cant find any pictures of me in full armour just pieces.

just my curiass and paldrens and some arm pieces.sorry I cant find a picture of me in my whole suit with mail,cape, shield,helmet,axes,sword,great sword,basickly everything I need to be on a horse ready for battle and what I dont need in my ren tent.

MVC-007S-10.jpg

MVC-084S-1.jpg

maybe one more #3 when I was around 17 years old my best friend Peter got his pilot's licsence (he was 19 yrs old) and we used to rent a Piper Cherokee and fly somewhere for the weekend (sometimes with dates).He took the time and taught me the basicks of how to fly and I have wanted to get my pilots licsense since.However that was around 36 years ago.