Gibson Brands Forums

Elliot Elite Capo

BluesKing777

I heard a guy on the UMGF bought an Elliot Elite Capo in brass finish and that was it - I love brass bits!

I have read about them for ages, but have never seen one in the flesh, but brass! Mine!

I hope it is as good as they all say - I'm sick of being out of tune with capos and doing the Tommy Emmanuel 'hit the guitar with the capo on to put stretch the strings back in tune' trick.....

I like tuning the guitar way down and capoing up for other singers/slide players/different songs.....never ever in tune this way!

There is one winging it to me as we speak and I hope it goes direct and not Camel Trail....

http://elliottcapos.com/CaposElite.html

BluesKing777.

There is one winging it to me as we speak and I hope it goes direct and not Camel Trail..

BluesKing777.

Well, I'm still waiting.... I wasn't going to do this delivery wait again,but

I guess it went by the Camel Trail or even the Silk Road after all.

So I'm humming "Please Mr Postman".

BluesKing777.

I don't see a brass option on the site. Did you ask them to make it or are they just slow at putting it up? Pics of yours, if you have the capability, would be great.

Well, I would love to make some photos, but it hasn't turned up in the mail yet!

I hope the singing postman hasn't nicked it. [cursing] [cursing] [cursing]

Here is a link to the thread from UMGF that started it all:

http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/topic/160074/Accessories-Accessories#.U4VgEXKSzw0

BluesKing777.

Wow, nice! do they make one of these in an economy model? something that comes in under the price of a lot of guitars I've owned in the past?.....I like the style but I can get by with my Shubbs that cost about a 8th of what these do. just sayin

I'm lucky enough to have one.

It is hands down THE best capo I have.

Is it worth the price?

Depends on how much you have in the bank.

I have a sub, kyser, g7th, Newport, paige, and I've tried others.

They ALL work. But the elliott is the nicest:)

And to all the detractors- an epi phone will do what you are all doing on yer Gibsons. ..... but it wouldn't be the same would it ?

Give us a review when it arrives BK

Am I invisible?

I just explained them

Ha!

Thingo still hasn't been delivered.....

Hope the singing postman is enjoying it!

Can I ask a few questions about your Elliot, BBG?

Which model do you use?

I have read some owners state no tuning issues when using it. True?

Others claim no tuning and string catching issues when bending hard for blues bends. True?

If it works like claimed it will be money well spent, and it is a LOT more money by the time it gets here, I tell you. It is cheaper to send a parcel to Mars! And quicker.....

BluesKing777.

I mean it looks sleek but what is the difference between this one and a "Hamilton USA" capo….except, of course, the $152.01????????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/371029428465?lpid=82

http://elliottcapos.com/CaposElite.html

I don't know OWF, and I may not ever find out - the moronic Post Office has sent me a note to pick up my parcel at their office - so much for express door to door delivery! And to add to the nuisance, my car is at the mechanics..... also not heard from them either! [omg] [omg] [omg] [omg] [omg]

BluesKing777.

It's better with the tuning issues BK, but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that , due to the design, a little more care has to be taken placing it .

The paige capo worked just as well.

Above the 4th or 5th , there's just always gonna be something needs tweaking .

The best solution to the lower strings going slightly out is to place a shubb upside down as far as I have seen .

Like I said , the kyser will do the trick. I mean, if it's good enough for tommy emmanuel ? Right? He has no trouble with a cheap capo.

No one actually needs an elliott.

However. The crux of the matter is that a £8 pair of jeans will cover your *** just the exact same as a pair of Levis. Why spend £100 on a pair of shoes ?

And why spend $2000 on a Gibson?

Seems a strange place to be hearing bemused comments at anything when we're all sitting with top quality acoustics . Some of us with way more than we need and most of us with way more spent than justifies out talent eh?

Elliott capos - worth every penny :D

And your guitar will feel special.

Thanks BBG

Did some running around in a taxi to the post office, retrieved my Elliot, raced home, tried it out a few times, raced off on foot to the mechanic to get my car because I was NOT going in a filthy cab again.

Had a strum or two just then - it is SUPERB. More later...

Interim photos - night and blurry - - looks great with vintage style tuners:

Elliot01a_zps4782eba0.jpg

Elliot01b_zps4ea156d1.jpg

Elliot01c_zpsc9ae51f2.jpg

BluesKing777.

Sexy

Ha!

Beautifully made as claimed - looks a bit like a special old clock or nautical device.

Looks nice, but I have sprained my left wrist just a tweak moving some stuff around - a bit frustrating - I need to experiment with the new Elliot!

BluesKing777.

I have a Paige for my 2" inch neck 12 string Gibson - it has the extra padding bits for the high strings to ring out better - really good, but I don't have a 'normal' size one because MF lost it (long story) and I cancelled it.

And I just took a couple of photos on my LG3 normal neck - the 1 3/4 Elliot still works fine, but I bought it for my large V neck guitars which have been a problem with capos and tuning.

Beauty!

ElliotLG3-01a_zps5db6a379.jpg

ElliotLG3-01d_zpsbf0cddc8.jpg

ElliotLG3-01b_zpsfc4c5202.jpg

ElliotLG3-01e_zps11a313bc.jpg

I was playing before with the Capo and it is the best sound I have ever got with a capo - it doesn't seem to dampen the sound as much as some, and it keeps the tuning even with some string bending.

So in depth review: Looks great/Sounds great/very happy! i have been short-changing myself by not getting one years ago and wasted time/money on compromises!

BluesKing777.

Edit:

Gave it a fairly decent practice session earlier and it is superb!

A while back, I found the best bottleneck slides (Diamond Bottlenecks) and ordered a custom to perfectly fit my pinky finger. After using it for a while, it suddenly occurred to me: 'What if I break it? What if the company is defunct?' Etc, etc......So as soon as I could, I ordered a handful of spares!

A very similar realisation has hit me about my capo.....

Archived