Gibson Brands Forums

Elliot Elite Capo

BluesKing777

I was gonna buy one of those Elliot capos once, but I bought a Shubb and a bottle of REALLY good Scotch instead.

They're kinda expensive, for sure! After all, it's just a capo. Schubb works great for me too. Leaves me more cash to buy Elixer strings!!!

They're kinda expensive, for sure! After all, it's just a capo. Schubb works great for me too. Leaves me more cash to buy Elixer strings!!!

Why waste your money on elixir strings !?

Dadarrio work for me and leave me more cash to buy plectrums !!

:D

Everything's relative danner.

Your Gibson (I'm assuming you play a Gibson) is expensive in relation to the guitar market! ?

My TVSJ was $2900, there are lots of more expensive guitars, and many less expensive. It's in the market price range.

Update:

I played for quite a while using the Elliot at the 3rd fret on my 2010 J45 Standard last night - I have never been able to get other capos to co-operate on that guitar for some reason.

I have to say this capo makes the J45 sound sensational like this - like moving the nut up - very, very good.

The very best capo of all that I have used before is the G7 Newport, but the Elliot is 10 times better.

True! Sell your items or beg, borrow or steal to get on of these, I say.

But the old saying..."You can lead a horse to..........."

BluesKing777.

Another experiment with my new Elliot payed off....

I tried it (my 1 3/4" model) on my 12 string B25-12N with the 2 inch nut - and it works beautifully on the 2nd fret, no higher.

This is great, because if i get the guitar in tune...sort of for a 12...I could actually play it with another guitarist! I tune it down to a D (2 frets) as recommended by Gibson, but with the capo, I can play in ...yep: E!

I bought this Paige 12 string capo a while back, but I can't get it to work:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/paige-12-string-guitar-capo

And then I bought the 12 string Kyser, which puts it so far out of tune, it must be a joke.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/kyser-quick-change-capo-for-12-string-guitar

So I have wasted lots on capos that don't work.

The massive neck of the B25-12N.

Twelve-01b_zps31a2d741.jpg

BluesKing777.

I bought my first Paige this week. I have always been a Shubb man, and have also enjoyed bothering my son's G7. This Paige take top prize now, though. I love the design of these Paige -Elliot types.

Best part is that it is also right there at the ready, behind the nut.

Save a few (dozen) pennies and try an Elliott, if you can, Sal! The general consensus is Yeah!

I was reading an old capo thread from you know, and someone mentioned that they have success on their 12 string using the Kyser 12 string model UP THE OTHER WAY - the clamp business at the bottom.

I have been trying it out with mixed results.... the Gibson 12 er is a sturdy beast and probably needs an industrial clamp. Anyway, I tried this method and it was fair at the 2nd fret, but a different problem came up - buzzing thin octave strings - not enough clamp pressure to press the skinnies down as well as the fatties ( highly technical there!). Well I tried it on the 4th fret and let me tell you - it is awful and I sounded like the chappie that plays out the front of my local supermarket sometimes...(who has a fantastic singing voice that is unfortunately 5 1/2 semitones out of tune with everything).

Now I call THAT gadget a waste of money and they are twice the price here.

BluesKing777.

I didn't think that material on the elliott would work on a 12 string.

Well, I put the thing on and it sounded great, so....

Once the guitar fund is topped up, I might get on to Mr Elliot about a custom jobbie for the beast.

BluesKing777.

And I will need a couple of those stainless steel numbers, just because!

Everyone is bored about hearing how good they are - I suppose Mr Elliot wants me to shut up too before his arm drops off polishing his fine capos to that exacting standard he maintains, even though orders have gone through the roof for brass capos since that guy mentioned them on the UMGF!

But, I have been playing the LG3 with the capo at the 3rd fret and I am stunned how clear and in tune it is...

Apologies, NEXT... [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile]

BluesKing777.

It is pretty I will say that much but for me I spent 129 on a Peterson strob HD tuner and use it's sweetened tunings , which were designed for capo use and all tuning related issues when using a capo are no longer present, sweet they are.....

least to my ears

Archived