Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Riviera Matsumoku

• 1 year later...

Absolutely, Steve. The photo with the ruler is the perfect one to get it done.

Your guitars are amazing and everytime you mention Noel's wine red Riviera I kick myself for actually buying a guitar like Bonehead's Riviera instead.

While I love that guitar, if I had to pick between Noel's and Bonehead's, the wine red is the one I'm after since I was 15 back in 1995. That guitar fascinates and eludes me. :-P

Anyway, once more I really appreciate your help and if there's anything I can do to return the favor, just ask!

All the best from Brazil,

Dan

Noel actually also played a sunburst Riviera with a Bigsby in the early days. I believe it got nicked and he replaced it with the wine red one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6tfjHWAbI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Kaiser Bill, thanks a lot but you better believe I did my homework and needless to say came out empty handed.

Steve, that's very interesting. Of all the research I did, both before and after I purchased the guitar, I did not came across the info that the 1982 models were different from the late models (like Noel's and Bonehead's) regarding the aspects you mentioned. That actually makes me feel more comfortable although like you said, I'd like to go for the Oasis look.

So, are you telling me that the original pickguard to this guitar was actually BLACK?

Having said that, this is how the guitar looks right now with the aftermarket TRC and pickguard. Doesn't look bad at all, but I'd like to go original.

Steve, where can I find the original witch-hat knobs?

Serial number 208****

2eewugg.jpg

6ehzeq.jpg

j82n35.jpg

j82nox.jpg

Thanks a lot, guys.

Smokin hot

Archived