Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar

Randmo

I don't know for sure. It wouldn't necessarily be the most expensive. At the moment I'm kind of in the hunt for perhaps an AJ of some kind. I've changed a bit in the last few months on my views of all these different models of AJs, Hummingbirds, and J45s. While I'm still pretty much a traditionalist in regards to what a Hummingbird is, what a J45 etc. is, I can look at these different models and accept them for what they are: excellent variations of legends. Anyways, that's how I see them. I could also go for a true vintage J45 if the nut width works for me.....I've been intrigued throughout the years by a few $6000+ guitars, particularly some "vine" models, but I'm typically very content with guitars around $3000 and less......Interesting question. [thumbup]

Well, I put an order in for a Martin M-36.

I have a Hummingbird. I have a J-200, an Lg-1, an LG-3 and a Sheryl Crow C&W, so I'm feeling like I got my Gibsons covered at the moment.

My D-28 was my dad's so I"m super familiar with its feel and sound and an M-36, an 0000size, with the low profile, 1-11-16" nut I prefer should be an interesting addition.

Nice for a change-up.

I have three Gibsons right now. (J-200, Blues King, J-15) I have been gassing for a Southern Jumbo of some type. The more I look at the Jackson Browne, the more I like it. I'm kind of liking the '34 Original Jumbo reissue too. I've seen some good prices lately on the JB and OJ.

I'm fortunate in that I have every one that I want. I cannot think of one that is missing from my little collection or that I covet. It sort of feels odd to be at this place after having GAS for 7 years.

1951 J45

2007 Roy Smeck Re-issue

2012 J200TV

2013 Western Classic

1960 D18

1972 D28

2009 00018

2012 CSD18-12

I'm fortunate in that I have every one that I want. I cannot think of one that is missing from my little collection or that I covet. It sort of feels odd to be at this place after having GAS for 7 years.

1951 J45

2007 Roy Smeck Re-issue

2012 J200TV

2013 Western Classic

1960 D18

1972 D28

2009 00018

2012 CSD18-12

Wow! Very nice collection "Jannusguy"! I especially like those Gibsons.

Regarding the dream-acoustic, my choice a few years back would have been a darker hued Firebird Custom without the flames.

Still admire the guitar, but longer like obsessed.

Played a whole bunch of excellent Marts the other day - among others a John Mayor OMJM, a Clarence White and a D-28 Authentic, , , ,

, , , , still my quest would be the exact right first 60's square Southern Jumbo, Bird, or CW.

Archived