Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! Fender Jaguar 66 Reissue

swampash

This beauty just arrived all the way from the United States in the post today from Reverb.com. She's a 2003-2004 CIJ Fender Jaguar 66 Reissue in three colour sunburst. I've already left her into my Guitar tech who's going to fit a Mustang bridge. It also appears that there is no spring in the tremolo as it's lying flat inside the cavity. I've bigger plans for this Guitar. I want to put in a four way pickup selector where the three switches on the lower part of the Guitar are as well as a set of Bare Knuckle 62 Jaguar Pickups like Johnny Marr. I may put in a Staytrem arm and collet but I want to see what the stock one is like before I do that. It's going to be with my tech for about 10 days while the parts come in. I can't wait to get her back!

F8867EE9-6476-4B59-B11B-C53106E6FEF2_zps98he5vp0.jpg

A0D8A79C-10A0-4085-9618-48505742A58B_zps7n0bbrbk.jpg

Congrats! Jaguars are my favorite Fender. Those pickup upgrades will make the guitar sing. I put Seymour Duncan Antiquity Is in CIJ Jazzmaster and the difference was amazing. I like the idea of converting the guitar to a Johnny Marr Jag.

Mustang bridges are a great upgrade and you do not need a tech for that. They are a direct drop in.

Get the Staytrem collet and bar. Did this upgrade on my Jazzmaster too. Keeps the bar from flopping around.

Regarding the spring, it probably just needs to be adjusted. Remember, it is a floating system so it takes some tweaking before it is set right.

I didn't think much of Jags but then a friend gave me one and thought all the switches and rolly thingies at first made me :blink:

once I got used to them and what they do I realized how versatile it is. Mine isn't a Fender Fender, its a Squire but it still sounds so punk.

GRATS! Enjoy

Archived