Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar In A Cosy Chair Photos

BluesKing777

No good brother...a chair with arms isn't conducive to optimal playing comfort. Do you have a deal with local furniture shop?

How do you like the Martin? Please critique. Especially the weaknesses, if any.

No good brother...a chair with arms isn't conducive to optimal playing comfort. Do you have a deal with local furniture shop?

How do you like the Martin? Please critique. Especially the weaknesses, if any.

Do I have to play them? I just like looking at them!

I often have a strum there with the tv going if I am waiting for my team to start etc... get in a few riffs before those monkeys ruin my day again. Billy Connolly says: "Kick it to a friend, kick it to a friend. It is so easy. What don't you get? kick IT TO A FRIEND!!!"

Sorry, you get the picture - team going bad.

It is a bad place to play with arms on the chair, and I don't overdo it on the old back, but I get tired of the same old chair in my music room and other rooms.

Martin om18v critique? Weaknesses? None that I have found - a wonderful OM guitar! Nobody except me likes the fat V neck - good - all the better for me. Great mahogany blues/ragtime picker! Now that I think of it, I would like to ditch this computer and play it for a while, but work, working working all the time Monday morning blues here! I have a theory now that a lot of players are ditching their Om V's and HD v's to get the various Authentic series guitars which are all the hype lately - especially the Om18A. Good for them! Good for me!I met the guy that sold me my HD28v and he appeared to have all his faculties, and a wallet, so if he didn't get an Authentic to replace the one he sold, he is surely a big time FOOL! Both Martins are truly sensational guitars. That is my theory and I don't think I want to try one of the OM18A's! Phew.

BluesKing777.

I like the fat V and the size/shape of the O, and I think if I ever can get over my addiction to vintage, I'd shop that model. As for the chair, BK, I look at that big softee and think bigtime NAP.

All my teams suck, too.

I like the fat V and the size/shape of the O, and I think if I ever can get over my addiction to vintage, I'd shop that model. As for the chair, BK, I look at that big softee and think bigtime NAP.

All my teams suck, too.

Vintage OM is a slightly higher bracket!

BluesKing777.

Old guys, old chairs, and old guitars are one of the rewards of being an old guy with an old chair and an old guitar. Enjoy!.......I often fall asleep in my recliner with a guitar across my chest. Seems like the natural thing for an old guy to do in an old chair with an old guitar. [thumbup]

Archived