Gibson Brands Forums

Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan — In Session

Rabs

Yup,

This is a great one!!!

I have it in DVD!

While it took place during/around SRV's substance abusing days, (I'm pretty sure) his playing was phenomenal and magical during this session... And Albert's Albert! (The best!)

Fine material, great music!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yup,

This is a great one!!!

I have it in DVD!

While it took place during/around SRV's substance abusing days, (I'm pretty sure) his playing was phenomenal and magical during this session... And Albert's Albert! (The best!)

Fine material, great music!!!

Rabs,you bettcha thanks for posting this particular session.Albert WAS SRV's guy.The chemistry is evident throughout.And yes,Jimi Mac it was during that time of excesses,some of us survived,Steve did,I have.He was a substance abuse success story,just beginning to make some sober strides to super stardom.Most importantly,a really good person,we miss him always.

I love this one. The fury of SRV and the feeling of AK.

Ok, they both had fury and a great feeling but, IMO Stevie had more fury than King and vice versa.

It was like King didn't need too many notes to express himself. Genius.

On the other hand, SRV had to "talk" a lot to get rid of what he had inside. Genius.

I love this one. The fury of SRV and the feeling of AK.

Ok, they both had fury and a great feeling but, IMO Stevie had more fury than King and vice versa.

It was like King didn't need too many notes to express himself. Genius.

On the other hand, SRV had to "talk" a lot to get rid of what he had inside. Genius.

Hmmmm, I always felt like SRV came more from the R&R side of "Blues," ala Hendrix, etc.,

whereas Albert, much like B.B., was the "blues" himself! Albert had a wonderfully mellow

Baritone voice, to go with his very tasty playing! Stevie's voice, while decent enough,

seemed more suited to the grittier, "Rock" style blues. IMHO, as always. [wink]

CB

Archived