Gibson Brands Forums

"Bela"

Karloff

Played my first gig with my new guitar last night ( got it couple months back actually) added black pickguard. Love the LP Specials tone, great neck, everything about it, but good lord I'd forgotten how noisy single coils were... don't know why i expected any different from the P90's... great tone, but noisy. And yep, I named her/him Bela ... lol

.Bela22222.jpg

That is a good looking guitar, I gassed for one of those until I finally got a P90 axe.

What model is this? is this the one that had a pickguard issue and you got for a great price?

Yep, thats the one. It's a Custom Shop LP Special DC. The original pickguard was damaged, and it sat in the store for 10 yrs. got $1000 bucks off original price. Got a pickguard from WD Music... a few of you guys suggested that co. a few holes didnt line up with the pickguard, and Gibson didnt have a replacement available to match, so i broke out the Dewalt and took care of it.

Great looking DC, Karloff!

[thumbup]

Glad to hear he's getting out and about........after dark only, of course.

P.

Thanks Pippy !, yea, pasty white complexion, sleeps in a plush burgundy lined black case, only comes out at night... good lord, i need help, lol...

Nice finish is it TV white

I believe it is considered TV white. But it's somewhat opaque. You can see the wood grain thru it. I was saving for one of the faded cherry one's like what Rabs has when I saw this one.

I believe it is considered TV white. But it's somewhat opaque. You can see the wood grain thru it. I was saving for one of the faded cherry one's like what Rabs has when I saw this one.

Yes I love my DC as much as my standard or Classic... Its just the most fun playing great sounding guitar I could ever hope for!! :)(and was the basis for my builds)

IMG_0199_zpse29c33c4.jpg

Yes I love my DC as much as my standard or Classic... Its just the most fun playing great sounding guitar I could ever hope for!! :)(and was the basis for my builds)

IMG_0199_zpse29c33c4.jpg

ahhh, there it is... what a beauty. i agree. i have a Standard & a Classic too. and the Special plays so nice, great neck. easy access to higher frets. just a pleasure to play. that faded cherry finish is great. really like that

Archived