Gibson Brands Forums

make your own picks

brc

I ordered some items from Parts Express, and when the items arrived they included a catalog

Looking through it I found a tool that you can make your own picks

It looks like a stapler, but it describes it as a punch for guitar picks.

Has any one tried some thing like this. I would not try it to save a few bucks, but it might be cool to design you own picks. My computer is down, so I am using a damn tablet to post or other wise I would post a link fot it

Rabs, it looks very much like that one,

Think they are on sale from $24.00 down to $17.00

I think it is really more of a novelty than it is as far as saving a couple of bucks

'Might be cool for a group to have their names on some picks if they are trying to help promote them selves.

I keep one on the counter at our shop for customers to make picks from their extra loyalty cards, hotel keys, or whatever other useless plastic they have in their wallet. It's a fun little trinket. Had to regrind and polish the cutting surfaces to get a decent edge out of the press, but a few seconds with a nail file and you can clean up the edges to make few decent picks.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter got me one yesterday for Father's Day. She also included a pack of plastic strips of various colors, designs and a few with graphics. Works great. No squaring required. Now the only thing is finding some plastic or nylon at the guage I like for thinner picks. Credit cards, etc... are too stiff for my style. Either way, I'll probably never have to buy picks again.

Try a hobby shop.

They have lots of different types of plastic,in vaious thicknes.

I use this plastic in case I need to shim a neck.

I am sure you will find the thikness you need there.

The average price is about $4.50 for a sheet approx. 8 inch X 14 inch

Try a hobby shop.

They have lots of different types of plastic,in vaious thicknes.

I use this plastic in case I need to shim a neck.

I am sure you will find the thikness you need there.

The average price is about $4.50 for a sheet approx. 8 inch X 14 inch

Yes, thats what I was thinking too. Thanks. [thumbup]

Archived