Gibson Brands Forums

Does Big Thumb Tony have anything to worry about?...Nah

flatbaroque

I am almost Rolling on the floor LMAOff...thinking of this review compared with Tony(thumb)'s reviews.....They are both 'hilarious' in "different" ways....God bless them both. Better job than I.....I would look liked a stoned old hippie doing one of these reviews. It would be "from the heart" though. ...and THAT should never be laughed at....[scared](self-correction) if...... (from the heart).......IF this.indeed 'is' the case. Jes Sayin!

Not to take anything away from Guild......other than the fact that I understand the GADs are made in China, Why would any sane person try and put one up against a Gibson HB and make a sound comparison? I mean what are they really thinking? Maybe they are trying to convince themselves that for $800.00 they can look, feel and sound as good as the Gibson?......Wouldn't that be like buying your fire extinguishers WITHOUT the contents because they are much cheaper that way? I guess they ARE fire extinguishers but......jmho

This guy has several reviews/videos on YouTube and at first they kind of take you by surprise, because the whole thing seems to be done on "the spur of the moment" and the guy appears to be totally unprepared for the subject. But, I think that's what they want the video to look like. Each video comes across as if the guy is ad-libbing the whole thing. There are lots of "hims and haws" and awkward pauses, and "you knows." That kind of thing. The videos are funny and I bet that the reactions we are showing in here are what they are after. Definitely not you're expected guitar reviews......... Tony is "Tony" and in his own way has become somewhat of a YouTube legend. He gives a good review and he can be very entertaining. This guy is not in Tony's league in regards to reviews and maybe they're not trying to be. They might just be trying to different from other reviews so they can get as much attention as possible while standing in Tony's shawdow with the others...lol.... Anyway, the guy is funny and likeable.

Archived