Gibson Brands Forums

Some Buddy Guy

Californiaman

He is THE MAN!!!

My biggest hero of heroes!

I got to meet him once. I snuck backstage at a Buddy Guy & Junior Wells show, back in the day, during intermission and got to sit in-between the two of them & chat guitars and blues... It was the experience of a lifetime!

He is THE MAN!!!

My biggest hero of heroes!

I got to meet him once. I snuck backstage at a Buddy Guy & Junior Wells show, back in the day, during intermission and got to sit in-between the two of them & chat guitars and blues... It was the experience of a lifetime!

yep, he's in my top 3. great song too, fun to play.

As Jimi says, he is the MAN.

I've seen him a couple of times, got the albums etc - read his book just recently.

The 1st blues album I bought was 'Festival Of The Blues' on Marble Arch/Pye Records. "Worried Blues", "Don't Know Which Way To Go" - fantastic record and I still have it.

Buddy Guy 'The Blues Giant' recorded in Toulouse October '79 is also incredible.

As Jimi says, he is the MAN.

I've seen him a couple of times, got the albums etc - read his book just recently.

The 1st blues album I bought was 'Festival Of The Blues' on Marble Arch/Pye Records. "Worried Blues", "Don't Know Which Way To Go" - fantastic record and I still have it.

Buddy Guy 'The Blues Giant' recorded in Toulouse October '79 is also incredible.

I'm sure most of us here have seen the photo of Hendrix sitting in the first few rows of Buddy's gig in the 60's ... I'd dig it up myself but I'm at work right now.

I saw Buddy Guy at Experience Hendrix a few years ago. He was good. Talked a bit too much for some people in the audience (a drunken' heckler wouldn't shut up—kept callin' Buddy, The Muffin Man."

Anyway, great performance.

It was a very enchanting night with all the stars playing Hendrix.

To me, he is one of the most entertainer and amazing blues guitar player, watchin' him live makes me forget everything, he is so energic, so funny, so deep into the blues. [thumbup]

Archived