Gibson Brands Forums

gibson j160e

Richie123

If there is any Gibson where I would prefer a made in Bozeman model over one made in Kalamazoo the J-160E is it. Even the first J-160Es with the solid tops sounded a whole lot better played plugged in then unplugged. Back in the day you would have been far better off buying a J-45 and slapping a Dearmond 210 pickup across the soundhole.

I did my homework and eventually swapped my j45 standard for the 2013 j160 standard with the tulip tuners. Used as an acoustic it sounds like my j45, has more bling, feels like a quality item and sits nicely alongside my ric jetglo 325 shortscale. I'm happy i got a real good one and am well pleased with it. I loved my j45 but ended up with something much the same that had more bling and fed my life-long beatles obsession at the same time. Happy.

Ive tried but am hopeless! I'll see what i can do at the weekend. I know people have posted how to load 'em so i'll search it and do a pic with the ricky and the 160 together if i can.

If you fancy one make sure it's bozeman with solid wood and x bracing. I've played the laminate top ladder bracing one with electric strings on and it wasn't for me.

all you have to do mate is have the picture in your picture gallery or on your documents you when you post up some info at the bottom it says choose file click on that it will take you to the file at your documents you click on that and it will upload on here it all so depends on file size of course but you can all so upload photos to photobucket .

hahahaha . oh i will let you know now my spelling is not great .but i do try . i do hope this wont be come a problem on here i was on a forum few years ago and i had to put up with insults and everything . so i left .i have a good sence of humour and can take a joke but these guys wouldnt leave ne a lone .so i deleted my account

I have the Standard, which is sunburst, solid-topped, and x-braced, and the '60s spec "Peace" model, which has a natural, laminated top and ladder bracing.

Do you have any particular questions? no mate just thought would be interesting to see some pictures and info nothing specific

Red 333

Archived