Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore & The Midnight Blues Band - still got the blues LIVE

Rabs

This was big big big in the late 1980's!

I am still amazed to this day how much airplay he got with this release on rock stations on the FM dial here in the states. I'm also very thankful because that album is one that really lit my fire for my own music sojourn and I was very taken by that album... It also solidified some of my youthful respects for Gibson Les Paul even though I was a thru and thru Fender Strat guy at the time.

I was also very taken by his reverence and respect for the Pioneers and how honored he was at their presence at his shows when BB or the Alberts would join him...

I enjoyed Gary Moore immensely and thought he was an untouchable guitar talent even if his zeal for over-the-top runs seemed to put him somewhere beyond the spectrum of how I felt spiritually about Blues and guitar playing, but he NEVER failed to amaze me with his flawless proficiency and complete command of a guitar. It was a hapless victim in his hands and he revaged it relentlessly with wreckless abandon that made me wish I could do so...

Seeing him abuse Peter Green's Holy Grail '59 burst during that era of his live performances made me wince, cry, and rejoice all at the same time! (now looking back anyway, I had no idea about Peter Green at the time)

He is rightfully a legend and simply spectacular even if he can be a bit much for me at times...

I probably still have some of those performances on VHS and I don't even know if I still have a working VCR these days...

Great stuff!!!

This was big big big in the late 1980's!

Great stuff!!!

Yeah man.. the 80s was my teen years so I remember it well (well mostly :))....

I once got tickets to see him in the early 90s at a really small venue in London... We went along and watched the warm up act and they were a blues band and were AMAZING and me and my mate were so excited to see Gary... Then this bloke came on stage and said that he was sick with a bad throat infection and wouldn't be playing... MAN I was right at the front too, and he never rescheduled that gig...

I did get to see him years later touring with BB King and what an amazing gig it was too, BUT it was in a big arena... So I missed my chance to see him up close which is so sad cos I know it would have been amazing.. But still at least I saw him once live :)

Archived