Gibson Brands Forums

62 Sheraton reissue tremolo to frequensator

burchster

Hello all

My 1962 Sherry reissue has the tremolo but I would like to switch it to a frequensator I got off Ebay that came from a broadway. Since Ive never owned a guitar with a frequensator I was wondering about the string issue with them not being long enough. I use daddario 10s...

Hello all

My 1962 Sherry reissue has the tremolo but I would like to switch it to a frequensator I got off Ebay that came from a broadway. Since Ive never owned a guitar with a frequensator I was wondering about the string issue with them not being long enough. I use daddario 10s...

I have been using the D'Addario XL EJ20's with no problem on mine… You should be ok… I was using the Elixers with no problem either.

Although I've had very few instances where string length has been an issue with a Frequensator, I have made a new bass bale for my 62 RI Sheraton. I had it easy in that My 62 RI has chrome hardware, unlike the other 1961 that have gold, so making a new bale was easy. By making it longer than stock, I doubt I'll ever have a problem. Gold might make it a little tougher (or at least, a little more expensive).

Before,

IMG_0896_zpsb1b0759b.jpg

After,

photo10_zpsd570b16b.jpg

Thats a great looking Sherry Tweed!

Oh, it just got better. I just now exchanged the Seymour Duncans for a set of Zhangbucker Firebirds. Think angry telecaster. Pictures and more thoughts tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Could somebody with a stock Frequesator equipped one of these post a picture of the bottom of the guitar. I think my frequensator off the broadway might not work the bottom looks to big for the thinner sherry.. Thanks!!

Hope this helps…

photo.JPG

Hello all

I love the looks of them. Is there any advantages to having that set other than looking great?

I love the looks of them. Is there any advantages to having that set other than looking great?

I would speculate that the Frquensator will have similar tonal qualities as any other metal/wire trapeze tail piece…

They seem to me to have a more "acoustic guitar" quality than a stop tail.

Maybe that explains my GAS for an ES-335! Wouldn't one need both?? [cool][tongue]

I would speculate that the Frquensator will have similar tonal qualities as any other metal/wire trapeze tail piece…

They seem to me to have a more "acoustic guitar" quality than a stop tail.

Maybe that explains my GAS for an ES-335! Wouldn't one need both?? [cool][tongue]

Yep, I would safely say that the need to have both is justifiable. msp_thumbup.gif

Well, whatever the technical reasons are for having that set is I don't know, but at least, as I see it, they sure look purdy.

Archived