Gibson Brands Forums

I'm a new guy, and this is how I upgraded my SG

Swmcv2007

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I bought an 04 Gibson SG Standard In ebony last year around this time and have been checking Gibson.com everyday since. Recently I got very fed up with my pickups and especially by the fact that Angus Young is always pictured with a very similar looking SG Standard. While Angus Young is a good guitar player AC/DC isn't my thing and neither is playing someone elses guitar.

I pretty much turned it into a whole different instrument and I'd like to show you guys pics but I have no idea how to lead them from my documents, can anyone put it into terms an idiot can understand?

*** Thanks for help I appreciate it.

Here we go:

GibsonSG.jpg

GibsonSGBody.jpg

GibsonSGHeadstock.jpg

So I replaced all of the black changeable parts with creme. Then I put a Seymour Duncan P-Rails in the bridge and an Alnico II in the neck. I had it wired so that the bridge volume and tone are now a master volume and tone. Then I had the neck tone knob replaced with a 3 way switch for the P-Rails. I then had the neck volume knob replaced with a coil tap so I could get a lot more tonal options.

The only thing I can say now is that when I hold it, I "creme" myself (bad joke.) I also get the feeling that I suspect a mother does when they see their beautiful new baby. I've actually drooled on it twice already.

As for sound it gets every and any sound I want and it doesn't have a single option that I don't love with all my heart.

We will forgive you this time only because you are a new guy and we want to look friendly. But If you do not upload pictures of your guitar' date=' you might not wake up one of these days soon.

Welcome to Gibson Forums! Enjoy![/quote']

Well, he might wake up but there'll be a broken SG headstock in bed with him covered in Gibson pump polish.

Nice looking SG there!!!

I wouldn't change the hardwares to gold ones.

The black/cream combo looks better with chrome

hardwares, I think...

As for the tuners, I think TonePro has the identical

Kluson style locking tuners.

Haha you guys think you caught me!

Well first of all thank you on the compliments.

Second, the P-Rails sound AWESOME! It's everything I wanted. I play lot of Beatle-y type as well as Talking Heads type parts in my band so they get those perfectly. They just sound amazing. especially mixed with the humbucker. They give me a very unique, juicy, and powerful solo tone.

And about the stealing....

Over many years I have nicked a lot of equipment from bad people. I call myself a "vessel of karma" (gonna be my first solo album) and most of it was speakers or large solid state amps that no one ever notices are gone. The only guitar I've ever stolen was a classical from my high school (which is where I've stolen all but 3 of my acquisitions) It's not like I'm the great guitar thief or anything.

The upgrades were my Christmas present this year. I love my parents.

Over many years I have nicked a lot of equipment from bad people. I call myself a "vessel of karma" (gonna be my first solo album) and most of it was speakers or large solid state amps that no one ever notices are gone. The only guitar I've ever stolen was a classical from my high school (which is where I've stolen all but 3 of my acquisitions) It's not like I'm the great guitar thief or anything.

That is your justification for stealing?

How about we just consider you a common thief and be gone with it? no more explanations needed...

Hey, if I want a replacement pickguard for one of my guitars... do you think your (evil) school will have one you can take? Or maybe you can find some real evil doers and take it from them so that the fates can be pleased?

Haha you guys think you caught me!

Well first of all thank you on the compliments.

Second' date=' the P-Rails sound AWESOME! It's everything I wanted. I play lot of Beatle-y type as well as Talking Heads type parts in my band so they get those perfectly. They just sound amazing. especially mixed with the humbucker. They give me a very unique, juicy, and powerful solo tone.

The upgrades were my Christmas present this year. I love my parents.[/quote']

Vessel of karma... ahaahah, good one, your not the only one who justifies idiocy like that with such ideas...

Its just stupid, even if they are "bad people" to you, it just makes you just as much an idiot as them by stealing yourself. Please, just realise that your a thief. Excusing thievery with the excuse that you steal from bad people is ridicolous and make you even less respectful.

Archived