Gibson Brands Forums

Serial number deciphered, well almost.

xkimo

I have been able to comprehend the serial numbering scheme on current LPs..But the last three have me stumped..I have read,re-read the serial number search on the site..128330445 tells me if I am correct,my "Goldy" was born in Nashville 283rd day of 2013(Oct.10)first batch of the day(0)but the 445 has me stumped.I have searched pages of previous post,but 300 + pages is bit much to peruse.Any help greatly appreciated.

Would you please explain what's stumping about 445? [confused]

Yes,pleased to do so Capmaster.Am I to assume it is the 445th LP from that mornings run of 10 Oct'13? That is what had me flummoxed specifically.

Yes,pleased to do so Capmaster.Am I to assume it is the 445th LP from that mornings run of 10 Oct'13? That is what had me flummoxed specifically.

It is the 445th Gibson guitar or bass neck stamped with a serial number of this batch before glueing it to the dedicated body, or in case of a through neck glueing body wings to it.

Since the late 1970s, Gibson serial numbers are unique. Each serial number appears only once, not several times on different instrument models as before. So the numbering includes all Gibson USA instruments of the related day and batch which leads to significantly higher numbers.

It is the 445th Gibson guitar or bass neck stamped with a serial number of this batch before glueing it to the dedicated body, or in case of a through neck glueing body wings to it.

Since the late 1970s, Gibson serial numbers are unique. Each serial number appears only once, not several times on different instrument models as before. So the numbering includes all Gibson USA instruments of the related day and batch which leads to significantly higher numbers.

It is a beautiful thing.Thanks.

Archived