Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

duluthdan

Lucky acquisition this weekend. Halfway home, driving thru Utah this time instead of thru Broken Pumphandle Wyoming... This curvy young thing is going to sing me to sleep tonight. Its a J-45 Legend. I figure it could save me from fretting over all the potential vintage headaches. Sounds oh so good. More pics tomorrow perhaps, after I drive thru the desert. Still beats the heck out of driving thru most of Wyoming... [biggrin]

imagejpg1_zps31352ff0.jpg

Great decision, nice buy, congrats! [thumbup]

Often wondered about these tapered headstocks. Some of my Gibson solidbodies have them, too, and subsequent troubles with the use of locking machine heads on the "thick" side.

Ain't talking about the guitar, but I'd rather drive through Wyoming, eastern Montana and high plains in the Dakotas than most other places. Then again, I like C.M. Russell's paintings.

m

Its a J-45 Legend. I figure it could save me from fretting over all the potential vintage headaches. Sounds oh so good.

That should be perfect for you if you are reluctant to go vintage Gibson... Congratulations and let us know how you go!

BluesKing777.

That should be perfect for you if you are reluctant to go vintage Gibson... Congratulations and let us know how you go!

Ahhh, but look at what you don't get - braces that look like they were whittled with a dull boy scout knife, top bracing that is off center, flip-flopped top halves, painted over improperly placed logos, three and more piece tops, and all the other quirky things that make Banner Gibsons so darn lovable.

But I do agree, a Legend is as close as you are going to get to one of Gibson's wartime finest without any of the hassle. So a big congrats and play the heck out of that thing.

A truly wonderful guitar. Congrats and enjoy!

Red 333

P.S. It's always bothered me that Gibson rarely remembers to taper the headstock on its historic reissues, yet Epiphone manages on its very affordable, vintage-inspired Masterbilts!

What a great looking '45! Your arsenal of guitars reads like a great poker hand. You have a lot of bases covered. Well done.

...except for Rosewood... gotta start scrounging couches for change and saving nickels...

Dan, I would be interesting in hearing your thoughts on how the Legend compares to the True Vintage after you given it a go for a while.

Congratulations on a beautiful guitar.... I'll bet the honeymoon on that one lasts a long time.

You are one serious slope keeper, duluthd - the 45 TV and Legend in the same herd is speaking my language.

I really like those super close A/B possibilities - utterly exiting, , , and leaves one with a good feeling when it's time to send the 'lesser' guitar further. . .

You should film and record such a comparison and post it here. Or at least write a little about it. . .

You dirty dog.

quite a collection these days Dan.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this new one also . its not a guitar that I think I would ever consider. but I'd love a few hours with one to see where the hype comes from.

your posts n reviews are always insightful and honest with never a hint of self righteousness in their content.

Archived