Gibson Brands Forums

Atlanta area Luther

kb5szo

Anybody on the forum from the Atlanta area and can suggest a luther for setting up my Epi's---- I have a 339 ULTRA and Genesis Pro I would like to have a pro adjust them - I've been playing 50+ years and never had a guitar set up by a "pro" always just messed with them my self -- thanks for the advice- Eddy

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody on the forum from the Atlanta area and can suggest a luther for setting up my Epi's---- I have a 339 ULTRA and Genesis Pro I would like to have a pro adjust them - I've been playing 50+ years and never had a guitar set up by a "pro" always just messed with them my self -- thanks for the advice- Eddy

I use Jonathan Holland of Holland Musical Instruments in Acworth for any work I cannot do myself. You can reach Jonathan at 770-789-4014. Afternoons is the best time to reach him. Excellent workmanship and fair prices. He also builds custom guitars and makes hand wound pickups. I have not tried his pickups yet. I'm a Duncan man, myself.

Jeff Henry at Maple Street Guitars in Buckhead is about as good as they come. No better. He has setup a number of guitars for me over the years and always done a superb job. Reasonable turnaround as well. All of the Luthiers at Maple Street are excellent, but Jeff has the touch on electrics. George (owner) would be my choice on a classical, if you can get him.

Archived