Gibson Brands Forums

WTB ' 30's L-5 Reissue (Maybe)

I would also love one of these. Although, I think I love the idea of one more than the practical use of one. I know it has been used from everything from the Carter family to jazz, but I think , I would use something else more , either flat top or electric. Not to say I wouldn't buy one if I could. There are more L7 reissues kicking around than the '34 L5 reissue. have you checked out the "shark" (as in gilled instead of Fhole ) prototype on the custom shop facebook. Also, I am eyeing the Americana archtops on the gibson page.

Thanks a lot Mike - - That really could work.

Are those available, meaning currently in production ? Do I search throug their Americana Collection ??

I guess whenever I start to search through Gibson's site , I'm only looking for archtops they may currently be building, and it seems like a big secret. ( Custom Shop or Memphis, or Artist etc etc etc )

I will check it out. Any other info appreciated.

Dennis

Unfortunately, i don't know anything about the americana line. I am hoping gibson will release them . I found them on thier facebook page.

I spoke with Dave from Dave's Guitar in LaCrosee, and yes he'd seen the Facebook photo's too. He thought there would probably be more info available after the NAMM show in July. He also seemed to think that yes, the archtop could be all solid woods, but with a pressed and not carved top. ....and if so, that isn't good news either....I already know what a pressed top sounds like -- 1960's Harmony, Silvertone, Kay, etc etc.....

Oh well....

Archived