Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Stands

BluesKing777

Accessories month with capos for me, and in my travels I read about Hercules Guitar Stands.....

Any thoughts here?

I have read how good they are supposed to be, but the local electrical goods shop sells a few, which has put me off a bit because everything else they sell is real junk!

Any other reliable stands to put the Gibsons on?

I was trying to think when I bought the guitar stands I have and I think it was.......gulp......1977.......

Can't say I didn't get my money's worth with them, can I?

BluesKing777.

I use the Hercules for the floor. Most secure with the weight driven neck lock, and stable with the low tripod legs. Seen pros with several of them on stage. In my "music room" I keep the Gibsons off the floor and out do harms way by hanging them on the wall using a quiklok hanger. It allows them to be visible, accessible and secure. I don't like to keep them (only have 3 ! ) in cases, knowing that I'd not play them nearly as muchHere's the link to the wall hangers. I just didn't like the idea of suspending them by the neck, headstock, even though music stores do it. I did find that the center point adjustable swivel which allows you to hang your guitar between 180 degrees horizontal and 45 degrees wasn't tight enough, so I drilled a hole in it and put a screw through it so it would stay fixed at 45 degrees. http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=54&sName=QF-410

in my travels I read about Hercules Guitar Stands.....

Any thoughts here?

BluesKing777.

Fine stands with collapsing yoke, built very well. Usually priced out my way $40-$45 for the single. The yokes locking gate has worked without a problem on all of mine (3) for almost 4 years. Only caveat is not to buy the older models that do not have the collapsing yoke.

Hercules stands are the best. They've earned my money. I use them and so does our bass guitar player. Great for acoustic or electric guitars. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I would never save expense with a good stand. Our guitars cost way too much to trust them to anything but the best.

Another vote for Hercules here, I use them for my guitars and have been very pleased. I find the auto release mechanism very convenient and secure and easy to use when I need to keep changing engineer/player hats when self recording. Great stand in my view!

There are quite a few different Hercules models - which is the best for acoustic guitars?

BluesKing777.

(I went to a shop that sells them, but ....boing...ring next time....they were closed.)

I am using the GS412B for my acoustics, http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS412B.html

and also have GS402BB for electrics http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS402BB.html

They do have double and triple stands also that look good, though I have never used them myself.

I am using the GS412B for my acoustics, http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS412B.html

and also have GS402BB for electrics http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS402BB.html

They do have double and triple stands also that look good, though I have never used them myself.

Thanks.

The local shop has the GS412B acoustic stand!

I have never seen them, so how does it work? The neck goes in the clamp top and the body just leans against the bottom bit?

BluesKing777.

Thanks.

I have never seen them, so how does it work? The neck goes in the clamp top and the body just leans against the bottom bit?

BluesKing777.

Very simple, as you lower the neck into the neck fork the clamp mechanism operates (from the guitar's weight) to hold the neck secure, and when lifting the guitar out it unclamps. (and yes the body leans against the bottom bit)

Thanks Sal.

I think I saw during some Hercules searches that they were suing the Ultimate Stand people - I wonder why? Pretty similar!

I am still a bit unsure about some of my old guitars hanging by the neck because some of those old necks would probably fall off.

I am starting to like Espgnio's suggestion of the Hercules GS405B... Of course the local shop doesn't have that one - only the GS412B.

BluesKing777.

With the GS405B you get support everywhere. That's what I like about it. If you're worried about pressure on the neck you won't have it with this stand. I had to order mine too, not available locally at the store. But it came in a couple of days and was well worth the wait. Now years later I still support my choice and would by another one again tomorrow if need be. Good luck, hope you find one that works!

I use these... http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GS1000/

besides what I hang on the wall. I think I paid $25 on sale at GuitarCenter?

No marks on my guitars. My Gibby has been on the Ultimate for the last two weeks... below shows the Tele and the Gretsch bass on them.

guitarroom_zps8e85cdd6.jpg

SJ in a box. I like it. It would be insanely cool if the white stove were actually a guitar amp. Hmmm...I'll bet you could fit a Tweed Deluxe in there...

P

Thanks.

BluesKing777.

The deed is done - they only had the GS412B and it is now mine!

A bird in the hand and all that.

So far it appears to be terrific.

So thanks for the comments, everyone.

BluesKing777 .

Archived