Gibson Brands Forums

Bought a D'Angelico EX-1 Today

RevDavidLee

Rev, knowing what beauties you already have in the arsenal to hear you so impressed by this newcomer means a great deal.

I'm truly delighted for you.

You've even go me grinning like a loon just reading about it so I can only imagine how big the grin must be on your own face!

[thumbup]

P.

Here's mine. A deeper, more classic-looking natural than is generally seen in the ads. Smooth player, flawless workmanship, very smooth amplified tone and surprisingly alive and loud acoustically. Slim neck (front-to-back) - surprising for a big arch top. It's not the L-5 I always wanted, but at a tenth of the price it will stop me from making a $10,000 mistake for awhile. Highly recommended for jazzers and easy-listening couch players like me, and the fit and finish beat the pants off the ES-5 and Tal Farlow I recently disposed of. I wish it were lacquered, but you can't have it all at this price. The headstock kills me.

EE

That is one beautiful instrument. I think I'm going to have to step up my saving activity! Thanks for posting the pic. Please post more - especially of the headstock.

Archived