Gibson Brands Forums

Ugly guitar award.

LarryUK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

Sorry, I disagree.

That`s a beautiful instrument. Also, worth reading the specs, it has all the things vintage Gibson-lovers look for: aluminium tailpiece, ABR bridge, old-fashioned binding...

Well, we have different tastes, but - after all those variations of the Les Paul guitar - why not have one like this too?

Best wishes... Bence

Wow! What a Very Tasteful 'Burst!...[laugh]...

I absolutely love it.

Apart from the f-holes, that is. Could do without those.

But I'd still take it over several other guitars which (IMHO, of course) could lay better claim to the title "Ugliest Guitar in All the Universes".

P.

OK, just for fun....

Have a flick through this little lot. Worryingly I rather like some of them........[scared]

http://www.ebaumswor...es/view/636079/

And what about this Godin?! How many Vol knobs do you think you need?...I'm sure that inveterate tinkerer and 'guitar-hot-rodder', Les himself, would be astonished!

GodinOrgan_zps94fc48cc.jpg

P.

I dunno...

While I can't really make my mind up about a semi-hollow Les Paul, especially now that there's an ES339; a Les Paul sized semi-hollow ES, I don't see a need for it (personally) and it just doesn't seem to do anything for me...

What I just can't seem to get into is a rootbeer finish...

$_12.JPG

I guess the darker browns really put me off...

But I have seen a "rootbeer" finish that does peak my interest...

DSC_0187.jpg

Now that makes me covet one!

The difference may be subtle, but that does it for me and the first does not...

I guess this second one seems closer to a more natural Mahogany color to me and I've always liked that natural "red" nature to Mahogany... (even though the top is flamed Maple, it makes me think Mahogany)

Discriminating taste is what makes the world go 'round! It is a grand miracle of our creator that we were all endowed with the unalienable rights and personal liberties that allows us to live in a country and lead by example to the world to be free to desire and have the options of our own personal preferences!

Life's grand and it's all good when we're each free to choose what we like best and the marketplace is still open and free and dictated by free choice and demand in a capitalist free market!

Only in America! Thank God my ancestors sought to see it so!

...it's all good when we're each free to choose what we like best and the marketplace is still open and free and dictated by free choice and demand in a capitalist free market!

Only in America!...

Eh?

:blink:

You been drinking the Kool-Aid, Jimi?

P.

This is turning into the "Coolest guitar award" thread. [biggrin]

(OK, that Godwin Organ Guitar is oddball).

For the ugliest guitar my vote goes for Epiphone Zakk Wylde coffin... that's not just ugly, but very childish.

Cheers... Bence

Guest Farnsbarns

My link

This wins my award.

Each to their own. I don't think I'd buy a semi hollow LP but given some of the guitars out their the one you posted falls into the top few percent of lookers to me....

pointy-guitar.jpg

zrpwar1.JPG

Just going back through this thread again....

I actually quite like the RootBeer Supreme but I only just noticed the positions of the bridge saddles.

Either the guy is using very unusual string gauges or else he's OCD and doesn't play guitar...

P.

I dunno...

While I can't really make my mind up about a semi-hollow Les Paul, especially now that there's an ES339; a Les Paul sized semi-hollow ES, I don't see a need for it (personally) and it just doesn't seem to do anything for me...

What I just can't seem to get into is a rootbeer finish...

$_12.JPG

I guess the darker browns really put me off...

But I have seen a "rootbeer" finish that does peak my interest...

DSC_0187.jpg

Now that makes me covet one!

The difference may be subtle, but that does it for me and the first does not...

I guess this second one seems closer to a more natural Mahogany color to me and I've always liked that natural "red" nature to Mahogany... (even though the top is flamed Maple, it makes me think Mahogany)

Discriminating taste is what makes the world go 'round! It is a grand miracle of our creator that we were all endowed with the unalienable rights and personal liberties that allows us to live in a country and lead by example to the world to be free to desire and have the options of our own personal preferences!

Life's grand and it's all good when we're each free to choose what we like best and the marketplace is still open and free and dictated by free choice and demand in a capitalist free market!

Only in America! Thank God my ancestors sought to see it so!

I actually like the Rootbeer finish. [flapper]

It's certainly a matter of personal taste. Let's not forget Gibson recently also put out the model pictured below.

"Florentines" (semi-hollow LPs with 2 f-holes) have been around for years. They sell out and rarely show up for sale used. Just sayin' . . eusa_whistle.gif

LPSSemi_zps430c3b7c.jpg

Archived