Gibson Brands Forums

Fathers Day

4Hayden

MIne's gone, too.

88 years, though. That's a good run for someone of his generation born in Central Scotland.

We had a great relationship right to the end so, like ksd said, no regrets.

Now, of course, it's my turn so this morning I received the present of a new guitar strap to replace one which had fallen apart!

[smile]

P.

My Dad died 21 years ago at age 58. I still think about him a lot and even have dreams in which we talk.

Like Pippy, Father's Day gifts from my kids are usually guitar related like strings, tuners, capos!

My Dad passed on New's Year Day, 1976. Ten days before he would've been 49. To all fathers out there, Happy Father's Day. Our daughter is doing all the cooking today. ioKd4hk.gif

I lost my dad in Nov 2013 so basically 7 months ago so this will be my first Fathers day without him.He made it to 88 years old,guess that's not a bad run.I find it funny we were just starting to talk as people/guy's to each other not just father to son and I really liked it just didnt last long enough.For all the dads still around Happy Fathers Day!

4Hayden...........I took your advice.......did some soul searching......and put 14 yrs of almost total estrangement behind.

took Dad a Fathers Day card yesterday evening and we sat and talked....it was good.

The estrangement has been mutual, for reasons I won't go into here, but they're quite bad.

Maybe this will be a new beginning....I can hope at least.

sometimes the best therapy comes from guitars AND guitar forums..........

My eldest son made a great card for me, my youngest got me some fudge. And they both chipped in to get me a vinyl copy of Beggar's Banquet. Love my boys!

My dad is in the States, so I couldn't see him. Haven't seen him or my family for a few years now - but we do keep in touch. I rang my dad and had a chat. Was good.

Didn't get to see my dad but did speak with him. At my age, 52, I'm lucky to still have both my parents and in relatively good health too. Speak to them regularly and see them every couple of months.

Had my in laws over for brunch as well as my step daughter and her dad. We all get along great. I even play golf and guitar with my step daughters dad.

An odd situation to some but it works for us.

Archived