Gibson Brands Forums

Did Willie play a Gibson first?

Dave F

LOL....it would certainly seem so, Dave [scared]...

I don,t mind MOJO like that (if the price is right) however.... I would appreciate it more in its "natural state".

The well -intentioned person that smeared the shiny crap over the wear, turned me off.

Oh well. should bring some money, nevertheless [thumbup]

LOL....it would certainly seem so, Dave [scared]...

I don,t mind MOJO like that (if the price is right) however.... I would appreciate it more in its "natural state".

The well -intentioned person that smeared the shiny crap over the wear, turned me off.

Oh well. should bring some money, nevertheless [thumbup]

I wondered myself when I seen the shininess .

what would be rubbed on to do that ?

I agree. While vintage is a different 'market' than recent - say 21st century at least - and attracts different buyers - this is the same price you can get a J45TV for. I am much more in the 'recent' market than the 'vintage' because unless you can hold it and play it - you are getting a pig in a poke. I am very risk adverse. It is a big enough gamble getting a "like new' Gibson from a reputable dealer for me. An eBay deal like this would never even be on my radar. Unless, of course the price were maybe 1/3rd what is being asked - and then it would be long gone. So. Yes, I agree.

I agree. While vintage is a different 'market' than recent - say 21st century at least - and attracts different buyers - this is the same price you can get a J45TV for. I am much more in the 'recent' market than the 'vintage' because unless you can hold it and play it - you are getting a pig in a poke. I am very risk adverse. It is a big enough gamble getting a "like new' Gibson from a reputable dealer for me. An eBay deal like this would never even be on my radar. Unless, of course the price were maybe 1/3rd what is being asked - and then it would be long gone. So. Yes, I agree.

I am not 'scared' of buying vintage off of the net. BUT I will go after it with a 'fine tooth comb" and of course the price must be right> as you say a 1/3 of 'book value'!

I am a vintage guy and am willing to take my chances!

Archived