Gibson Brands Forums

Is it real?

qwertypants

Hi all

First time poster from Australia here! Was hoping to get a second opinion on my new Gibson's authenticity in order to sleep easier!

I bought her from the Music Zoo used

I've done all my checks, I have the certificate, but just having an expert opinion would make me feel so much better! Whilst i'm sure its real, I've heard fakes keep getting better and better...

Photos:

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0335_1.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Yes indeed, it is real.

I have the same guitar in red,

and played a brown one in 2011.

They were a Guitar Center exclusive.

The fingerboard on mine is ebony,

and yours appears to be the same,

rather than "dark rosewood" as listed.

Congrats, and enjoy!

The Music Zoo is one of the MOST reputable shops out there. I've done business with them for many years. GOOD guys! I am just curious on what it is about your guitar that got you thinking that it was possibly a fake? I've seen many fakes before and to be frank a kid could tell within 5 seconds that a particular instrument was a major phony.............jim in Maine

The Music Zoo is one of the MOST reputable shops out there. I've done business with them for many years. GOOD guys! I am just curious on what it is about your guitar that got you thinking that it was possibly a fake? I've seen many fakes before and to be frank a kid could tell within 5 seconds that a particular instrument was a major phony.............jim in Maine

I didn't think it was fake at all, BUT I just like to get a second opinion, especially having spent a considerable amount of money on it! And thanks for the info on the Music Zoo, never heard of them before, being from Aus, but they shipped this guitar immediately and it arrived in 10 days! I couldn't believe it.

I would have posted this if you hadn't beaten me to it--there's no way The Music Zoo would sell a fake.

Danny W.

Archived